Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

6 Colorado Resorts Among Ski Magazine's Top 10

Poster: A snowHead
metalhead132, so, what would you like to add to this thread about the top ten resorts in America?

If you want another thread about why North American skiing is useless compared to the perfection that is skiing in Europe, then please do. You'll find plenty of insular people who will completely agree with you! Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

But they have the powder champagne but ¿¿With what frequency have they this??

As frequent as some resorts in the Alps has non-man-made snow last season? Wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bode Swiller wrote:
stuarth, how's the new Lionshead coming along?

Bit of a building site so can't really tell through the plastic sheets! Happy
I was actually quite surprised at the pleasantness of Vail - yes it is a bit artificially 'Austrian', but at least they've made an effort.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
metalhead132 wrote:

I agree. But in my opinion Alps are better overall...but not in all aspects.

metalhead132

Just out of interest can you list your top 10 N. American resorts you've skied so we can get an idea of what you are comparing the Alps to?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stuarth wrote:
metalhead132 wrote:

I agree. But in my opinion Alps are better overall...but not in all aspects.

metalhead132

Just out of interest can you list your top 10 N. American resorts you've skied so we can get an idea of what you are comparing the Alps to?

PS In your pictures, where are the trees? wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
abc, a lot MORE frequent than that! Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I skied in Whistler, Lake Louise, Kicking Horse and Sunshine....in Canadá,...and I will return to america to ski in Utah resorts as soon as posible.

Of these the best in my opinion is Whistler....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
metalhead132, so, what would you like to add to this thread about the top ten resorts in America?

If you want another thread about why North American skiing is useless compared to the perfection that is skiing in Europe, then please do. You'll find plenty of insular people who will completely agree with you! Laughing

I don't think the american skiing is useless...no.
This does not mean that it is more fun to ski in a place or another. Only I say that the infrastructure and terrain is better in the Alps.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Only I say that the infrastructure and terrain is better in the Alps.

infrastructure? You mean drag lifts (and queues)?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
metalhead132, Tosh I am afraid, and based on a fairly limited experience of North American Resorts. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
metalhead132 wrote:
I skied in Whistler, Lake Louise, Kicking Horse and Sunshine....in Canadá,...and I will return to america to ski in Utah resorts as soon as posible.

Of these the best in my opinion is Whistler....

maybe you should check out a few more places before making such bold statements? Both continents have their strengths and weaknesses, for sure. And I don't know of any absolute, definitive scale to measure these, so 'best' is a pretty meaningless term in this context.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I actually voted in that poll - but I don't ski Colorado too much so my votes were overwhelmed. Anyway, my top 10 north American ski hills based on my experiences, in no particular order, and based mostly on terrain and snow frequency/quantity/quality/access, and in some cases familiarity as I've been to places like Bachelor/Schweizter many times and know most of the fun nooks and crannies

Proviso - still not skied anywhere in CA, and some major places in CO:

Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
Snowbird/Alta
Whistler
Jackson Hole
Red Mountain
Crystal Mountain
Vail
Aspen
Schweitzer
Mt Bachelor

One's that disappointed me: Steamboat (flat), Park City (limited steeps, variety, crowds, lifts), Breckenridge (had iffy snow, very foggy, and didn't find most interesting terrain).
One's been to but I need to explore more - Fernie, Kicking Horse, Snowbasin, The Canyons

Obviously its a personal thing Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As far as I'm concerned it's all about the snow. Well it would be with my screen name Very Happy

And having had holidays and worked seasons in Europe and N America, I will take N America every time for a season and Europe when I know they've got the goods.

And Metalhead I've skeid La Grave, St Anton, Chamonix, Alagna & Engleberg. And been fortunate to get the goods at all these places.

When these places are on they can't be beat.

Big Mountain, Montana is a blip compared with these places. But, and it's a very important but to me, in my first season at Big Mountain (between 08 December 1999 and 10 April 2000) I had 93 boot top or deeper powder days.

Yes you read that right 93. And I never had to fight for it.

Had the same at Kicking Horse and its neighbours, BC; Park City and its neighbours, Utah; and Keystone and its neighbours, Colorado.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mike Pow wrote:
As far as I'm concerned it's all about the snow. Well it would be with my screen name Very Happy

And having had holidays and worked seasons in Europe and N America, I will take N America every time for a season and Europe when I know they've got the goods.

And Metalhead I've skeid La Grave, St Anton, Chamonix, Alagna & Engleberg. And been fortunate to get the goods at all these places.

When these places are on they can't be beat.

Big Mountain, Montana is a blip compared with these places. But, and it's a very important but to me, in my first season at Big Mountain (between 08 December 1999 and 10 April 2000) I had 93 boot top or deeper powder days.

Yes you read that right 93. And I never had to fight for it.

Had the same at Kicking Horse and its neighbours, BC; Park City and its neighbours, Utah; and Keystone and its neighbours, Colorado.

wink wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mike Pow wrote:
(between 08 December 1999 and 10 April 2000) I had 93 boot top or deeper powder days.

Ahh, La Nina - may she return again...
ski holidays
Martin Bell wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:
(between 08 December 1999 and 10 April 2000) I had 93 boot top or deeper powder days.

Ahh, La Nina - may she return again...

Heard a rumour that this may be the year... snowHead
ski holidays
Mike Pow wrote:

Don't worry metalhead132, Mike is only 3 feet tall Madeye-Smiley (sorry ... couldn't resist)

My fingers are crossed for La Nina too. How does it effect Niseko? At all?
snow report
La Niña is on the way NOW.
You can see the cold water on the pacific here:
ski holidays
So for european resorts this means....
latest report
Not sure how it affects Hokkaido. Will find out.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy