Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton December 15 - 22nd

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a week's leave from work I need to use before year end, or lose. I'm thinking of booking St Anton for the week 15 to 22 December and would be interested in any thoughts as to how good a bet it would be for decent snow then.

Would it be sensible to book cheap flights to Friedrichshafen or Zurich now and leave it until we know what the snow's going to be like before sorting out accommodation?

Would welcome any thoughts - or alternative strategies for maximising chances of good skiing that week
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
GeorgeM, you may find this topic interesting. I asked much the same question but for the week before, we decided to go for it and have flights booked into Zurich.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Book it.
I'll be there already Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We went to St Anton for the equivalent week last year as we'd had a very snowy and great time there the preceding January. Despite holding our nerve to the lastish minute (we booked about 3 weeks before we went) we spent the next 21 days glued to the web cams and went through the ecstacy of seeing fresh snow to the agonies of seeing bare grass. By the time we got there, there was still only about 25% of the resort open but it was enough to keep us occupied even though we had to do several repeat runs. By the middle of the week the snow cannons were going full pelt to prepare for the Christmas week but it really had been too warm up until then for them to be turned on. As I'm sure numerous snowheads will testify, it really is a guessing game as to what snow conditions will be like each year - especially in mid December - and previous years conditions are no real indicator for the forthcoming season. If I had to make the decision again, I would probably book the flights and leave the accommodation to the very last minute (like a couple of days before going) as there will almost certainly be availability at that time of year. Hope this helps.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We were in St. Anton for christmas last year, snow cannons on constantly as loatie says. probalby a bit morew than 25% open by then but lower runs virtually non existant. you couldnt even ski to the KK had to walk the rest of the way. Zurs only had 6 runs open most of the time. Skiing down to the village wasnt recommended although we did a couple of days. If conditions are as bad if you go hire skis rather than use your own as you can at least get them serviced each night for free Smile Rather than ruining edges/ bases for a weeks average skiing.

Its a great place and you could see the potential so we will deffo be going back at some point, but pricy for the amount of skiing we had. If I was you Id wait until nearer the time and see what deals there were to be had and where the snow is. Big Wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Im allways there that week til mid Jan Happy

Last year was an exception.

Without the snow cannons there would of been nothing to speak of.

Very Happy

Other years its been perfectly good, skking from late Novemeber Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy