Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good Ski Instructor for kids in Alpe D'Huez? (ie not ESF)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Title says it all, any suggestions? My son will happily ski with ESF as he thinks it's ok to be treated with disdain and shouted at, but that doesn't work with younger daughter. She has hated both ESF and Evolution in Tignes, loved Arlberg Ski School in St Anton. (I have to say she was quite happy with ESF in Morzine, actually had a male instructor who was good with kids).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ghost Dog, Get in touch with Stuart from Masterclass www.masterclass-ski.co.uk as they may be able to help you, although they do get quiet booked up particularly on peak weeks so worth acting quickly. They are also running 'family lessons' this season which might be something that could work for you all? Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whats up with ESf in alped'huez? Got my 5 year old girl booked in for New Years with Crystal Ski?

Should I be concerned?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not sure that Masterclass do lessons for kids except during Feb half term
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ghost Dog, Mattmulkeen, i suppose its like anywhere unless you can get recommendations its a lottery,

My two girls aged 9 and 7 now have been to ADH the last two years and have had the same instructor each time ( ESF ), we book with him via email during the summer, they think he's fab.

saying that they have a private lesson over the lunch break with him and ski with us the rest of the time. It works out the same 1 1/2 hours private for 2 compared to a full day ski school but they have progressed well.

Give me a pm if you want his details , he works out of the Bergers office , we have hime from the 05/01/08.

I think Katski recommended Geraldine but we couldn't get her the first year we went but the kids wouldn't change now
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What age your kids Matt? We're with Crystal too, where are you staying, we're at the Hermitage?

I don't have any experience of ESF in ADH, just experience of them elsewhere. Generally, for kids who are less robust than the thug I call son, they tend to be of the "your legs broken? Well ski on the other one" approach. I generalise of course.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mattmulkeen, The ESF in Alpe d'Huez are generally very good. As always though with a large ski school no two instructors are the same and people can end up with very different experiences. I would say if you can go with 2 or 3 private lessons with the same instuctor rather than going into ski school group lessons your kids will benifit alot more and it should work out price wise to be very similar.

Arno, I think that Masterclass will give private lessons for kids anytime over the season although you are right the group lessons may well be limited to half term. I think that the new Family lessons that they are offering are throughout the season as well.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy