Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Free Flights for Naked Skiers in London

Poster: A snowHead
Scarpa Shows off his latest Fancy underwear. What a large Boing you have Mr. Scarpa.
Free Ryanair ski flights will be given to skiers who turn up at Finches Ski Emporium in Forest Hill, South London in their underwear tomorrow (Friday). What’s more, the person in the most outrageous underwear will go home fully clothed in top-of-the-range ski wear and with a brand new set of skis...

Tomorrow, Friday 7 September, Ryanair, will be unveiling its latest perk to Winter sports lovers.

If they book a breakaway by 30 September 2007, they can fly their skis and boards FOR FREE!

Ryanair is encouraging Londoners to free themselves of their inhibitions...so the airline will be handing out free* flights to the first 50 people who come to Finches Ski Emporium in London...IN THEIR UNDERWEAR!!

The first 50 people who turn up wearing just their underwear (or less!) will receive a free* flight to one of Ryanair’s 61 ski routes from the UK this Winter. And of course, their skis will be carried for free.

So take off your clothes so you can take off for the slopes!

* Taxes and Charges apply. Terms and Conditions apply. 

DATE                Friday 7 September
TIME                 12.30pm
PLACE              Finches Ski Emporium, 25 - 29 Perry Vale, Forest Hill,
London SE23 2NE

http://www.finches-ski.co.uk/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
edgrimsey, Anything in the Middlesbrough area?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd laugh if this was a wind up, and a load of snowHeads turn up in their kacks...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oooh - that's my local ski shop! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Can't quite see me making it there..... Madeye-Smiley - or perhaps look out for the photos on facebook wink

Not quite free though - taxes & charges are applicable.

edgrimsey - welcome to snowHeads! snowHead Do you work at Finches?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cathy wrote:
edgrimsey - welcome to snowHeads! snowHead Do you work at Finches?
Laughing Laughing No....surely not, oh and welcome to snowHead ed
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
cathy, edgrimsey works at Ryan Air.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
admin, ah, thanks. I just thought I'd say a special hello to him if he was from Finches, seeing as we have been known to frequent there Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
admin wrote:
cathy, edgrimsey works at Ryan Air.

S/He should stick around to get some customer feedback from skiers who probably take more flights than average in the winter Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
[TGR mode]

This thread is useless without pictures

[/TGR mode]
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

edgrimsey - welcome to snowHeads! Do you work at Finches?

He doesn't but David Goldsmith did? (Or have I got the wrong shop) Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Goldsmith with no clothes on Shocked That is a shocking thought Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Be sure to come along if you can - you won't find a cheaper way of getting to Grenoble, Friedrichshafen, Salzburg or Turin!

And don't forget, your skis or board travel free with Ryanair for all bookings this month.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
edgrimsey wrote:
Be sure to come along if you can - you won't find a cheaper way of getting to Grenoble, Friedrichshafen, Salzburg or Turin!

And don't forget, your skis or board travel free with Ryanair for all bookings this month.

Are there any date exclusions to the 'skis travel free' offer, even if tickets are booked this month?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin, he worked fully clothed for Alpine Sports, Kensington way back in 1953. Think I'll have him study the Ts&Cs for this competition though. Might be pants.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bode Swiller, Alpine sports! of course it was Toofy Grin
I reckon it was he who was the bootfitter who sold me my first pair of Dachstein boots Toofy Grin But a few years after 1953 I hasten to add Laughing
latest report
boredsurfin, it was more like the late 70s and, if it had been DG, you would have walked out with a pair of Hanson rear entries (yellow). Hexel was his ski of choice!
ski holidays
cathy wrote:
Oooh - that's my local ski shop! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Can't quite see me making it there

Please go not to take part, unless you want to, but as the unofficial snowHead 's photographer.
snow conditions
Okay - so what does Scarpa have to do with RyanAir Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Michelle, I don't know but I hope he's getting a free flight out of it Very Happy
ski holidays
Michelle, .... its Ryanairs customer services .... they tell everyone to scarpa ... Toofy Grin
snow report
PisteHead wrote:
cathy wrote:
Oooh - that's my local ski shop! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Can't quite see me making it there

Please go not to take part, unless you want to, but as the unofficial snowHead 's photographer.

Unfortunately (or luckily) local to home, not to work...
snow conditions
Oooo - do I get a free flight? Am I famous? When do the groupies start grouping?
ski holidays
Who wants to feel my nose cone?
ski holidays
Scarpa, Shocked
snow report
I can't make it for 12.30 so can someone go in my place. I can courier a pair of my old underpants for my stand in if needed.
ski holidays
With a little more notice we might have been able to put together a line of snowHeads undercrackers and gone as team snowPants.
ski holidays
rob@rar,

Quote:

Are there any date exclusions to the 'skis travel free' offer, even if tickets are booked this month?

Yes they are not available over christmas and new year or holiday periods - details are in the small print on their website.

and as I mentioned in the ryanair thread I don't like Ryanairs diseneguous pricing policy - when i was looking for flights from scotland to go skiing in the dolomites I assumed the price the web was quoying was inc taxes etc. (but ex ski bags, bags etc) it wasn't. I had to go further through the booking process before taxes etc. appeared in the price. We aren't fying Ryanair!
ski holidays
Dave Horsley wrote:
rob@rar,

Quote:

Yes they are not available over christmas and new year or holiday periods - details are in the small print on their website.

Thanks, why am I not surprised?

It would be good if we are going to get Ryanair people spamming us that they would at least have the decency to hang around and answer factual questions...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Actually this is Ryanair marketing their new charges for wearing clothes whilst flying with them.
All customers wearing clothes will now be charged £5 each flight, this is due to extra weight in ski jackets, fleeces and heavy boots, which skiers take with them.

Refer to condition 7.6.8a.c. in their terms and conditions
ski holidays
arlberg, Laughing

That's no less believable than some of today's charges would have been 10 years ago.
snow report
arlberg, Laughing many a true word spoken in jest
latest report
Another interesting point to note - Ryanair will take your kit for free but in the T&Cs aren't actually guaranteeing to carry the skis on the same flight...
Trying to find them has proved entertaining for more than one snowHead
ski holidays
Perhaps these people just got out of sync with their luggage then?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy