Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Slalom training on plastic

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Awesome, hopefully see you there!! I know Pete, I think he coaches on Monday nights.

Where do you live and how long did it take you to get there?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
beanie1, I am in Brentwood and it is 35 mins. If you are thinking about going to brentwood let me know...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Race night update. At brentwood they get out the timing gear and have a fun race for all on the last thursday of the month. I tried this once before and the last time I crashed on one run and missed gates on the other two so didnt finish.

THis time managed to finish 2 out of 3 very slowly but actually posted a time, so i guess progress in some way. Fairly happy until i saw the times, which were 4 seconds behind the top guys and a second behind the other two old guys Laughing

When i come out of the start and make reasonable turns with out too much skidding i get too much speed up and cant make the tight turn mid way. If i skid the top section i finish but am slow... Lots of practice to come...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimottaret, being a way behind the top guys is no disgrace - remember they are some of the fastest in the country (particularly Dan). Being a second behind Doug though Sad ....well
skimottaret wrote:
Lots of practice to come...

But after next week it'll all be different Wink ...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
GrahamN,
Quote:

Being a second behind Doug though ....well

exactly,

but we shall see if snow can transfer onto plastic...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skimottaret, Don't be disheartened...the gradient change at Brentwood (I assume you skied the right hand slope) has caught many people out snowHead - including me, and you just die on the flats with no speed Sad The best person to compare yourself against ios yourself wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ski, Not too disheartened as you say the first 4 or 5 gates were fairly steep and then led into a tight turn that i couldnt hold if i tried to carve(ish) the top section. I didnt want to crash so took it easy and skidded the top and got quite slow at the bottom.

Definately did a bit better this time and didnt feel as overwelmed with the gates flying at me as the first attempt a few months back so some progress has been made. Im not too worried about the others and just checked the times to get a feel how i was doing. very much bottom of the pack and in the skidders area. so plenty of work to do. Would like to get a bit quicker than some of the kiddies and the oldies like doug and jarek, sooner rather than later. wink

The drills we have been doing have improved my free skiing turns on plastic, so just need to get more practice in the courses to get more confidence to go at it. (once my ribs heal up fully)

GrahamN, can thrash my confidence on snow when he woops my *ss in Tignes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Actually ski makes a very good point. In my last race there, I was in touch with the old fogey leader after the first runs, but then lost over a second and a half on the last run - it took about a month to recover from the trauma Sad .
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimottaret, It's taken me all season to get on terms with Doug and Ron if that's who the old guys are? Doug is still a bit ahead but a winter of traiining should do the trick. Hemel have got the timing gear out tonight!
see you on 15th
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nick W, i was avg 16 secs, doug 15 and dan 12. Ron wasnt there but there is a polish guy Jarek who is a pretty good skier and i was lagging him by about the same as doug.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimottaret, Sounds like we could have some close races next year then; you know it makes sense to do the summer league and CN circuit Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy