Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ideas / inspiration needed for a camcorder quandry ...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is one for all you "Scrapheap Challenge" types ....

I'm trying to figure out a way of attaching my little SD Camcorder to myself so that I can film some ski action this winter, without having to hold it in my hand.

I've got a little Sanyo CA65 which is waterproof - so no problem with getting it wet/snowy. Unfortunately, it doesn't have any AV sockets, so a "bullet" cam attachments are out.

I had an idea of attaching it to my ski boot with a heavy duty velcro strap - but finding the materials to make something sturdy enough is proving tricky.

Then I thought of some sort of sucker attachments to stick it one of my skis ... but again, got stuck (forgive the pun).

I've managed to build a little bracket to attach my camcorder to my mountatin-bike - but coming-up with a something for skiing seems to be an altogether trickier proposition.

Anyone have any thoughts on the above - or any alternative ideas?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Does it have a tripod thread on it? Rig up something which uses that, then velcroed to the side of a helmet? I played around with a camcorder last season, and was quite impressed with the results. There's been a couple of threads on helmetcams, so a quick search will pull up some info.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
... it may be crude, unless you are a perfectionist & colour coordinated wrapper like me .. Toofy Grin

... but good ol' Duck Tape never, ever fails ... Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, yes, it has tripod thread - in fact I made use of it when I came up with my little moutain bike handlebar mount. Although, without being able to use a bullet cam, getting it attached to a helmet is going to be tricky.

BernardC, I considered duck-tape - but I'm really looking for something a little ... erm .... neater Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Monsterpod
http://www.monster-pod.com/index_3.html

Suction mount
http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?C=SO&U=strat310&T=Strand&ModuleNo=45383&ma=Strand+-+Mini+Camera+Suction+Mount

http://www.semsons.com/sucupdetrfor.html

Now we're talking hi tech
http://www.ridemap.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=22&Itemid=1

No, no, no just use velcro
link

Stupid ideas they may be but hell you've got a camera strapped to you so looking "unusual" ain't a problem Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jonflat2, Have a look for helmet mounts designed for skydiving.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cfc5mu0, the "monster pod" looks interesting. I wonder how well these suction devices will work in extreme temps Puzzled

rjs, yep had a look at these ... trouble is they're rather bulky affairs - and whilst I'm used to looking a bit of a twit on the slopes, there are limits Exclamation
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gaffer tape it to your leg?

I do tend to find that most things can be fixed with Gaffer tape and cable ties although Gregory (my son) is now a little sceptical about some of my First Aid procedures wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy