Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sierra Nevada

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
off to the costas for a fortnight next week. along with the usual, fancy a spin to the ski station to check out the infrastructure and scope a possible future trip. Anyone have experience of skiing here? all experiences / advice welcome,

cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tried to go twice, I was down in Marbella, both times resorts closed due to winds!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's not a pretty place, but the experience of skiing on red snow (sand blown across from the sahara), the views of North Africa and the worst case of sunburn I have ever experienced mean I would go again for a couple of days if I were in the area....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
barry, you can get a good piste map at www.sierranevadaski.com the official website. Click on the snowy picture on the right hand side to find the winter area! Windy road up from near Granada to parking area, then gondola up to main skiing area. Webcams are working right now again from the website - go to the winter bit then click on 'en pista' and you get the webcam option. The Pradollano one if I remember is the section from Pradollana village up to the main ski area at Borreguiles. My first day on real outdoor snow was a glorious April day 2006. Very Happy Tried New Year 2007 - not enough snow and very limited passes avail so didn't go- and Easter hols 2007 - too windy to be sure much would be open. My mother was living in Nerja on the coast so not worth setting off without knowing passes were avail/suitable lifts would be open. But hoping to go agian next winter/spring
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It is good for a weekend.

High novelty value.

Modest ski area. Few tough pistes.

Holds the snow well. Often windy.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I spent 4 days there in the last week in January. The first day only the runs with snowmaking were open which wasn't great but OK. On the second day it snowed and was much better. It was very cold -20C at the top. Now queues at all but I was only there mid week. It's gets busy at the weekends.
I stayed in Granada which was a 30 minute drive away The village has quite the largest underground car park I've ever seen (remember where you've parked!).
Most facilities are at the village which was ski able to even on my first day.
There is a mid station with a few restaurants and shops if you don't want to ski back to the bottom for lunch.
I would go back as I did manage a couple of days on the beach that holiday as well Very Happy

It's not huge but if everything is open it should keep you entertained for week as long as you are not the I've skied that run once so its done type rolling eyes

looking down to the mid station
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ad a beach day on the same holiday
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Had plenty of snow when we skied Sierra Nevadas Very Happy

Other side of the pond tho Razz

snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy