Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

which resorts for motorhomes?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,I would like to drive to the alps in feb/march,could anyone recommend a few resorts that are good for campers/motorhomes?i would like to visit more than one resort.Chamonix is one place im thinking of visiting
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Flow, Wellcome to Snowheads. There is a motorhome park between Corvara and Colfosco in the Dolomites.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Flow, and one or two in Serre Chevalier.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Flow, there is one in La Rosiere.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Flow, there is also one high up in La Plagne at Plagne Villages.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Welcome to snowHeads Flow.

I don't know what the facilities are like, but motorhomes park up in the car park at the bottom of the Perriers lift in Les Gets.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There's one in Les Saisies, not far from Chamonix, with good access to pistes. Don't know what the facilities are like, but the position is good. From there you could access the whole of the Espace Diamant, an area little known to UK skiers.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Flow, oh yes, welcome to Snowheads, and don't forget that French resorts will all be very busy for the four weeks of the French holidays, from 7 Feb.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PhillipStanton, Words out of my mouth! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Flow, People also use the car park at the end of the village in Tignes les brevieres for the use of Espace killy.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Flow, obviously there are lots of them, all over the Alps.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Flow, Nearly all resorts have space for campervan parking, some official and some not and there are many private operator campsites near ski stations that are open in the Winter and the fees usually include a discount on the lift pass price. Many Austrian campsites are near ski resorts ( http://www.topcamping.at is one source of links to sites) The public ones do tend to be tucked away at the bottom of the resort as they want to keep the carparks in the centre available for visitors. Not many of them have full facilities for water and waste disposal (for that you'll have to go down to warmer areas for the 'aires' etc. Though you may find a coin or card operated power jack, but these are usually fairly low ampage. Lots of resorts have public showers and lockers at the ski station (tourist offices and official websites can give you that info) but the German and Austrian resorts are very well served with ablutions. Make sure your propane tanks are full, your batteries in good condition and preferably as many as you can fit into your MH, all your electrics and heating systems serviced.

a couple of links:
http://www.motorhomefacts.com/modules.php?name=Aires
http://www.camping-randa.ch/wint_e.htm
http://www.champ-du-moulin.com/
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
riverman, would you know if the Colfosco site has any hook-ups? I've seen it from the chairlift before but never stayed there. Looks inviting in the sunshine...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There are numerous campsites suitable for motorhomes in the Zell am See/Kaprun area, all on ski bus routes but not too far from the skiing anyway. I know of one on the lake at Zell, one on the road to the glacier at Kaprun and one just outside Kaprun in Bruck. All with hook ups and good facilities.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
tessaventer, yes it did have hook-ups
latest report
Flow, if your journey takes you to the 3 Valleys you will find campervans in one of the la Tania car parks, some are there for the season, there are no facilities but it is right beside the piste. In le Raffort(Meribel) there is a large carpark next to L'Olympe gondola station that is also used by campers, again some are there for the season. If you stay in this one too long you may find the local Gendarmes knocking on your door. If you drive it from one side of the car park to the other every few days you get left alone - strange but true. There is also a small caravan site with facilities beside this carpark.
ski holidays
tessaventer, yes it does, I stayed in a tent there in summer 2005 when I was in the Dolomites for a month, was funny seeing it covered in snow this year.
ski holidays
Stay in Bourg St Maurice at one of the sites there, and do a ski safari - different resort every day....
snow report
go every year in ours to livigno...there is a few campsites very well equipped with good facilities and only a short 5 min walk to the slopes each morning...cheap diesel too (duty free)
ski holidays
alpe du huez near the alti port
latest report
Flow, Welcome aboard. Hundred or so spaces for camper vans outside the Hotel Eden in La Thuile
ski holidays
Flow, it would be worth your while having a look at www.motorhomefacts.com they have a forum where this question has been discussed a lot.

Essentially, think you'll find that most large resorts have a campsite nearby (though some are more basic than others).

I am still hoping to do this myself this season...
latest report
Ray Zorro,
Do it - for the whole season. You know it makes sense Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Ray Zorro, Great Idea if you bought a big enough one you could use it as your office instead of buying a shed Toofy Grin
snow report
boredsurfin, you'd never get him out of the lounge rolling eyes

ski holidays
[quote="Flow"]Hi,I would like to drive to the alps in feb/march,could anyone recommend a few resorts that are good for campers/motorhomes?i would like to visit more than one resort.Chamonix is one place im thinking of visiting[/quote]
latest report
funnily enough you can park your motorhome in swanky Courchevel near La Tania...
ski holidays
,hello there flow,,that camper van idea.it might be a bit cold in there ,but its no different than camping in wales in the summer ,people say its cold in wales ,its not cold ,just fresh .its gods country. any way thats enough about that lovely place.i stayed in les carroz last year and there is a big one there,about three minutes walk into the town.les carroz ,brill,awesome,its called the grand masstiff .third biggest ski resort in europe.then not far from there you got another huge ski area morzine ,avoriaz etc .in fact i was thinking on buying a motorhome myself,and doing a few months ,but not until about three years time .hope it goes will for you ,i bet threres a lot of snowheads out there who are well jealous out there
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
its warmer in our motorhome skiing in mid winter in italy than it is at home most of the time!!!!i would recommend it to anyone although quite a few people you do tell look at you as if your daft!!!
snow report
Hi a tad late to this question but there is a site quite well developed by a decent chap yes some of the info on it is mine pics also but swing by it may be just what you are after for next season.
http://web.mac.com/kevbatchelor/Ski_Motorhome/Welcome.html

Cheers

Rich
ski holidays
I was staying in Meribel Village two years ago in the kids holidays in Feb and there were 4 camper vans packed up by the lift in the FREE car park there by MGM Les Fermes de Méribel. Also last year in La Thuile there was a camper van site just down from the Planibel Centre. wink
snow report
I think there is one near the la daille furnicular in val d'sere. Was when I was there 5 years ago
snow conditions
Thought I would post some pics couldn't resist!!

La Tania New Year 2006/07 when we parked there was no snow at all in the car park.

Xmas & New Yr 2007/08 Les Menuires must have been 40+ motorhomes here when we arived doorstep skiing at its best!

latest report
One in Montgenevre
ski holidays
And also Villeneuve, Serre Chevalier.
snow conditions
Do people also use caravans? what is the drive up the mountain like?
snow report
Hi

We went to Camping Jungfrau in Lauterbrunnen Switzerland in February a couple of years ago with our touring caravan and had a fabulous time. The site was excellent with good facilities and the staff were friendly and most helpful. We took snow chains for the car but barely needed them, the drive there was easy with main roads all the way to the site. We could not use the caravan's water system, instead we kept a large container of water in the van. We also put antifreeze in the waste container and in the toilet tank and flushing water. We had an electric hook up and gas was available on site so we kept the van heated at all times and were never cold. The site's toilet and shower blocks were heated, spotlessly clean and of a very high standard, better than most UK campsites. I would highly recommend Camping Jungfrau as a base for anyone thinking of going skiing with a caravan or motorhome.

Tim[/img]
ski holidays
Hi Flow,
As per my point of view the park between Corvara and Colfosco in the Dolomites.
snow report
Your motorhome looks like a gay mobile. Shocked
sagedog wrote:
Thought I would post some pics couldn't resist!!

La Tania New Year 2006/07 when we parked there was no snow at all in the car park.

Xmas & New Yr 2007/08 Les Menuires must have been 40+ motorhomes here when we arived doorstep skiing at its best!

ski holidays
The Colfosco site looks pretty cool, the chair runs virtually over the top. Many of the vans look as if they're there for the season with sheds etc on their pitches. Lot's of Sat dishes and power cables. Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy