Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere apartments

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend any SC apartments in Val for 4 people? Nice and spacious not the usual french rabbit hut please. wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are Les Balcons de Bellevarde in La Daille any good? Looks like they used to be a typical French-dump type apartment block but recently they have been renovated and this Trip Advisor reviewer reckons they're now great... 50m2 apartments sleep 6-7 for 1500 euros per week - sounds reasonable?

From the point of view of nightlife how much of a problem is staying in La Daille? I have read that there is a free bus that runs until 2am?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Or Les Trolles apartments...sleep up to 7 people for 1280 euros per week?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We stayed in La Fornet back in March. Nice spacious place. Can't remember what it was called, but we booked it through the Val D website.

La Fornet is a little out of the way, but there is a regular shuttle bus running until about 02:00.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
50 square metres is pretty small for 7 (about the size of our apartment) and means 3 people sleeping in the living room. I would say that size apartment would be "nice and spacious" for not more than 4, and cramped for 6. Daft for 7. One toilet, which may be in the bathroom.... no proper oven.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hd, if you fill any ski apartment to capacity it will feel like a rabbit hutch. It's like buying a tent - you need one which claims to sleep at least two more people than you intend to put in it.

You could think about self catering chalets, which tend to be a bit bigger (and more expensive).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hd, bloody expensive for 4 of you though. For 1500 euros per week, I'd want something a bit more luxurious.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My apartment is 50.7 square Metres and I consider it crowded with 4 people.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try searching the Val D'isere Agence website here - they have tonnes of self-catering accommodation, I'd search for something that can (supposedly) accommodate 6 people though, meaning it's okay for 4 but crowded for 6, so you avoid the rabbit hutches Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
roga, nice one cheers for that link. These places look ok, a bit small, but cheap. We want to be within spitting distance of a well stocked supermarket for easy purchasing of supplies+beer Smile how far are they from the nearest supermarche? (see map)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
From that map link I'm pretty sure there's a SPAR just on the corner of grid ref A/B-5/6 (if that makes sense!)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
^ Yup, I think that's about right for where the SPAR is.

hd, the link to the accommodation doesn't work, it just goes to the main search page.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
roga, hmmm can't get it to display the page I want Sad, anyway it's a 48m2 mezzanine apartment in Chalet Le Val Village. Pics here.

Can anyone identify on the map where the other big supermarkets in Val are situated please?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hd, http://www.supermarches-valdisere.com/ might help for grocery shopping in Val.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There must be 3 supermarkets within 200m of your apartment, you will not have a problem in finding them, but would advise stopping off in Bourg St Maurice en route to Val to do a big shop before you get there.....
snow report
hd wrote:
roga, hmmm can't get it to display the page I want Sad, anyway it's a 48m2 mezzanine apartment in Chalet Le Val Village. Pics here.

Yup, I recognise that one from when I was searching the site for accommodation.

Is it two bedroomed or one - got a feeling it's the one?

Depending on your budget you might be better going for something with 2 bedrooms which will give you a living room that doesn't have to double as a bedroom too but it looks nice enough.

Out of interest (and no I won't book it Laughing ) how much is it?
ski holidays
roga wrote:
Out of interest (and no I won't book it Laughing ) how much is it?

About 1100 euros/week. Only one bedroom plus two beds on the mezzanine balcony I think. No big deal for one of us to be sleeping in the lounge - we've done it many times before.
snow report
^ yeah, having two bedrooms is more of an issue for us because we have kids, not such a hassle with adults eh!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy