Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Izor 9:7 Sizing question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey folks, looking for some input.

I've decided after all the positive reviews that Izor 9:7's are a pretty good choice for an all around Wisconsin (read ice) kind of ski, that'll also serve me well when I take 'em out west. Of course I love powder when I can catch some. Turns out , they make 'em in a 159cm and a 168cm, and I'm torn as which length to get. Right now I'm on a Dynastar Intuitive 68 @ 157cm and I feel these are a bit short. I'm around 150# , 5' 6", age 36, around a level 7 or 8 skier, don't hit the bumps although I wouldn't mind learning. I will be using these for the local beer league races as well. I know these are going to be faster than the Intuitiv 68's, but how much? Your input is appreciated!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gregrnel, welcome to snowHead

Tough call. Most will say 168cm. I'd 75% agree with them.

Yeah, go with the 168cm. It's a bit long, IMO, for you, but not too bad.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gregrnel, welcome to snowHead's.

Nice choice of ski. They're designed to be skied short but as your using them as a cheater GS ski the 168 would be best. As you're racing try & get 'em with the Neox binding rather than the Device. Nowt wrong with the Device but the Neox is bullet proof & you can adjust the fore/aft binding position. If you get the Neox I'd recommend skiing them on the forward position for better turn initiation etc. The Neox instructions are poor so here's how to adjust them: http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/content/view/35/50/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I actually kind of chickened out and went for the the 159cm on the advice of the shop I bought them from.......better control for the smaller ice slopes of Wisconsin.

Also, I have been losing weight lately as I quit drinking beer, so I figure I'll be down to 140# by ski season.
This'll be my first year racing, if I really get into it I'll probably go for a pair of race skis for next year.

Thanks for the advice folks!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy