Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots in Hand luggage

Poster: A snowHead
Response from EasyJet today:
----------------------------------
Thank you for contacting us.

I am happy to confirm that easyJet does offer a very generous hand baggage allowance. Each passenger can carry one item of hand baggage, with no weight restriction, although you must be able to lift it into the overhead locker unassisted.

So that baggage can be stored safely in the overhead locker, the dimensions cannot exceed 55x40x20cms.

I can confirm that as long as your ski boots fit within these dimensions then you will be allowed to take them as your hand luggage.

For future queries, you may wish to use the ‘frequently asked questions’ (FAQ) section under the ‘contact us’ heading on our website, which will provide the answers to our most commonly asked questions without the need to wait for an email reply. You can find the ‘contact us’ section by using this link;

http://easyjet.custhelp.com/

Thank you for taking the time to contact us Mrs Peachey. If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again via the contact us section of the easyJet web site.

Yours sincerely

Carmen Fletcher
Customer Services Representative
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not that anyone has been asking (except me!), but i can confirm that carrying ski boots through Manchester Airport is 100% ok.

No problem at all through security and no problem at all taking them on a BMI Baby flight.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Butterfly, Contradicted by the reply I just received......

Quote:
Response (Francois Boulicaut) 14/01/2008 01.56 PM
Dear Mr xxxxxxxx,
Thank you for contacting us.
You will not be able to bring your ski bbots onboard of the airplane. My best advised would you to book a sport equipment allowance. If you already did for your skis, you can put the boots in the same bag as your skis.
............ Sad

What stupidity from Easyjet?
Should we be surprised?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Butterfly, BMF_Skier, what neither of you say is which airport as they have seperate rules as well. ie Easyjet may say yes but airport security might say no.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FenlandSkier, Bristol airport is one in question. They don't allow boots as hand luggage rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FenlandSkier, what on earth has it got to do with airport security whether your allowed to take your boots on or not? It's not as if they're a deadly weapon, what can you do? kick the pilot in the n**s? stamp on his toe?

BMF Skier, obviously the person who sent your response neither grasps the english language or the use of a spell check!! Might I respectfully suggest you use Butterfly's version?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As I stated before, Stanstead do not allow boots. The person I asked had thought they were OK but then checked with security and they said they were not allowed. The difference between airports must be how imaginative security were in fantasising possible uses for ski boots;

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 14-01-08 20:20; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
and people wonder why the empire crumbled!!! For gods sake!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FenlandSkier wrote:
Butterfly, BMF_Skier, what neither of you say is which airport as they have seperate rules as well. ie Easyjet may say yes but airport security might say no.
Specifically asked easyjet for:- Stanstead, Gatwick, Luton. Also explained the security issues...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just to confirm that Grenoble has a strict "No boots in hand luggage" policy; signs up as you approach security, and people were sent back to check them into the main hold.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Comng back from Pau (with Ryan Air Confused ) one of us had to put a ski boot in the rucsack because the bag was too heavy. When going through security the chap started to search the rucsack pulling out the boot, then a book... when he found the bag of apples he gave up and let us through.

We got home and unpacked the rucsack only to find a pair of crampons in the bottom. I'm sure you could do a bit of damage with those!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
freezywater wrote:
FenlandSkier, what on earth has it got to do with airport security whether your allowed to take your boots on or not? It's not as if they're a deadly weapon, what can you do? kick the pilot in the n**s? stamp on his toe?

I imagine that they are worried that you will make the pilot wear your ski boots, resulting in foot cramps, a badly rubbed little toe on the left foot and a willingness to fly to Cuba or anywhere else where s/he can take them off.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
... and loss of rudder control. Shocked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Flew from Geneva to Heathrow yesterday with boots in hand luggage. No problems at all, wasn't even asked to open the bag when it was x-rayed.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The reasoning could be related to the whole 'shoe bomber' thing. Imagine the sort of bomb you could fit into a ski boot!
ski holidays
thefatcontroller wrote:
FenlandSkier, Bristol airport is one in question. They don't allow boots as hand luggage rolling eyes

Their website clearly states this. I have some contacts with BIA senior management so I will at least see if I can get a sensible rationale. Are there any other airports who have a similar policy so I can argue they're a notable exception.

Dan
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy