Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

any one been to telluride?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, am looking into a heli ski trip to the san juan mountains staying in telluride, it looks awsum, any 1 been there & tested it out?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh yes , many times dating back to 82 . Made around 20 trips including one season.

I have been Heli Skiing with Mike (owner of Helitrax) when they were just a very small operation. For me its now got to commercial & to expensive.
I think it was 91 the last time I went with Helitrax. We went on a last minute call up which is the best way to do it. We went for less than half price for a fullday (5-6 lifts) in the San Juans. Skier/guide Ratio was 3 to 1 but I expect thats changed. Very professional, the compulsory pre avi bleeps & search course was in deep snow thorough and exhausting. Later in the season the fly in La Sal Mountains in Utah which on a clear day you can see from the Top of Mountain in Telluride over 100miles away!

Mike has been on a few programs on Discovery Channel talking about Avalanches. Helitrax does the Avi Control on the local Highways.

They did have an accident in the past , the model Christine Brinkley her then husband-to-be Richard Taubman survived a helicopter crash in March 1994.

Have fun
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for the heads up! Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy