Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dual use Tele and All mountain Ski

Poster: A snowHead
SMALLZOOKEEPER, perhaps not a direct comparison but i found the same thing with the Recons between the 174 and 181. The longer skis were like battleships and the shorter very turny. i have said before that my short radius turns on piste were comperable to peoples on RC4's and i would hate to lose the manuverablility.

I am tall at 6'4" but really enjoyed the 174 recons so i am leaning slightly shorter may be the way to go for all round enjoyment on tele and alpine with a little loss of ease of skiing in deeper snow but i dont mind a challenge in the occassional powder i get....

Karmas in 177 are sounding very tempting...... Not to reopen a big debate about Karmas vs bridge but is there really much difference ...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ebay bid in on some Karma 177's fingers crossed......
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

Do the Bridges ski more like the Karmas or the Gotamas?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Karmas in a 177 now winging there way to Spyderjon to be fit with VIST bindings and tele plate adapter. Very Happy Very Happy will let everyone know how they work out.

Kiwi1 thanks for all the info....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimottaret, nice one! Will be interested in how you get on with the dual use plates.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Good choice skimottaret.

Btw if anyone's interested, as a result of a severe case of quiver overlap I have a spare pair of brand new 06/07 177cm Karmas in wrapping for sale - £175.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skibomb, if i would have known i could have got em from you, a shame but 175 seems about the going rate on ebay...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dunno if you can get them with your voucher thingy, but Black Diamond are making some sweet skis this year... http://www.bdel.com/gear/skis_overview.php

the machine could be a possibility, though it is perhaps a bit stiff to learn to tele on
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skibomb, Thats a great deal!!!!! they shouldn't hang around for long.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret wrote:
Karmas in a 177 now winging there way to Spyderjon to be fit with VIST bindings and tele plate adapter. Very Happy Very Happy will let everyone know how they work out.

Kiwi1 thanks for all the info....

You're welcome.

I've just sponsored a new skier. My team is now full but you guys might be interested that unlike the 4 other Freestyle skiers I sponsor, the last member is Andrew Clark, captain of the British telemark team who'll be in VIST FIS skis, Speedlock raceplates and the Speedlock tele interface.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Stockli Stormrider XXL 2008
Lengths: 170-178-186 cm
Sidecut: 122-80-108 mm
Radius: 18.8 m / 178 cm

ooo - is it just me but if you are only going to have one (alpine) ski wouldn't it have to be one of those? Not sure for tele though.

JT nails the desription of the XL above. I ski them at 174 but an XXL in 178.....
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jedster, yeah they sounded really good but perhaps not right for tele... i have a pair of karmas on the way and cant wait...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimottaret wrote:
jedster, yeah they sounded really good but perhaps not right for tele... i have a pair of karmas on the way and cant wait...

I've heard great things about the Karma as a tele ski.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimottaret wrote:
... i have a pair of karmas on the way and cant wait...

And very nice they look too. I presume you want them mounting on the freeride line or are you planning on venturing into the park at all?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
spyderjon, ahhh great the eagle has landed, Cool Cool freeride please....I am going to go for G3 bindings so if you have the plate go with that as well...
snow conditions
just got the Karmas with the VIST plates and an interesting feature i hadnt really appreciated is that the bindings can be moved fore and aft very easily to adjust for deep powder for instance. Also tele setup should be a bit aft so this system gives good flexibility for the dual set up, delighted

also am looking at getting a set of AT bindings and they will work as well, so a true one ski for all three binding systems.... Cool Cool
snow conditions
skimottaret, will you be taking these to Milton Keynes? I'd be interested to see them.
snow report
Which plates did you go for Scott? Pro, Pro light, super light, TT or race?
snow conditions
skimottaret wrote:
also am looking at getting a set of AT bindings and they will work as well, so a true one ski for all three binding systems.... Cool Cool

Now you just need one pair of ski boots that would suit each style Smile
snow report
rob@rar, defo at the next tele session just waiting on tele bindings to come in at S&R

kiwi1, went with Jon's suggestion which was the TT and the beefier 6-14 range bindings. I didnt want too much rise in the plate but they look to be a nice set up....

PK2, you can get AT bindings (naxo, duke, etc) which are compatible with alpine boots so only need two boots for all my sliding requirements.... wink .
ski holidays
skimottaret, Very nice
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy