Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair launches another ski sale

Poster: A snowHead
No frills airline Ryanair has launched a second seat sale in a bid to woo the ski market. Fares will start from £10 one way, including taxes.

They've also launched a one-month "Skis Fly Free" offer, and two new routes to the Alps, from Liverpool to Friedrichshafen, and Bournemouth to Milan Bergamo.

Of course, we all know that some airlines will still carry our skis for free as a matter of course, but still, it's nice to see that the airline has realised we might be worth sucking up to!

For the full story, check out http://www.welove2ski.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=201&id=43
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I love the Ryanair definition of free:

Ryanair wrote:
Offer is free, however for operational purposes a nominal fee of €0.01/£0.01 per item will be charged.

They could be honest and say that skis go for 1p.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dohhhhhhhh

Trust them to go and spoil it...

And Skis for 1p rhymes too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone know where is Friedrichshafen and what ski areas are near it?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, a lot of people use it for St Anton, Lech and Ischgl in Austria, though easyJet's new Innsbruck route serves them too. One advantage Friedrichshafen has over Innsbruck is that it'll be less affected by the weather.
snow report
 brian
brian
kitenski, it's on the German side of Lake Constance (the Bodensee). So near North Eastern Switzerland/North Western Austria.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski, It's in Germany, on the shore of the Bodensee. Looks like it is nearly 200Km West of Innsbruck (by road).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alastair, I hope you don't mind, but I've given you a credit for the corrected "Skis Fly For 1p" title of the offer, in the welove2ski story.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ryanair are a pain. The skis go free doesn't cover the Chritsmas/Newyear period. I thought they were now supposed to be including all taxes etc on their web prices, so when I pull up a page saying flights will be £59.99 out and 19.99 back I'm assuming that includes all the non optional taxes and charges. Nope, when I go a couple of pages further into the booking process I find that there are taxes on top of that price. Then there is there fee for booking hold baggage (and ski bag), its cheaper to do the former on the website (according to the terms and conditions), but its not obvious where on the website, it may be further on in the booking process, but as I'm not booking the flights for our group, just looking for options I didn't take the booking any further. Last time I booked flights on Ryanair I couldn't find how to book my skibag on, on the website and had to phone them (on an expensive phone line) to book it on.

I hate Ryanair. Just a shame they are the only company that seems to fly cheaply on the route I want. I wish they would be more honest and upfront about there pricing and wouldn't make it so dificult to actually purchase the extras that aren't extras without having to phone premium phone lines or pay more at the airport!

Rant over.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski wrote:
Anyone know where is Friedrichshafen and what ski areas are near it?

I arrived in for New Year from Dublin last year and I knew where I was but another guy who was meant to be bringing his girlfriend to Sweden on a surprise break was a little surprised to find he was in Germany and not Scandinavia! Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dave Horsley wrote:,
Quote:

I thought they were now supposed to be including all taxes etc on their web prices,

They are but haven't done it yet as they are claiming technical difficulties (funny how every other airline has managed it). I would say their main difficulty is being honest with people Mad

snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I love the way both Ryanair and Easyjet launched their new routes from Liverpool (Friedrichshafen and Innsbruck respectively) months after we'd already booked all our flights for next season. rolling eyes
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We've now booked on Easyjet from Edinburgh - means a longer car journey from the airport to the resort, but flights were cheaper (by >£200 in total for five of us) and their website was a damn site more honest and upfront about the taxes and charges!

Dave
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dave Horsley, Totally agree with you. We booked flights to the UK this month, 4c flights for both of us. Howevever taxes, baggage surcharge, no baggage surcharge, credit card charges, etc. etc. It ended up being about €100.00. Still cheap but if they had said €25 per person per flight no problem. I prefer the honesty of easy jet but alas they dont fly from down here.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Ryanair site is a mine field of extra charges that can more than double the cost of a flight.
I feel the 1p charge should be reported as false advertising, it is not FREE.
My wife used the [b][Friedrichshafen/b], flight to join me in Davos last year. The train journey took over 4 hours mainly due to the German trains being late Shocked but it was quite easy, if I remember correctly there is a rail link at the airport.
snow report
Lets face it, we all hate Ryanairs pricing structure.

Wherever there are addons, the customer will always feel that thay are being ripped off.
But the biggest rip off without a doubt is the cost of ski carriage on these cheap airlines.

I am seriously considering hiring in resort now, with the expense of service etc and the hassle of carrying them, through airports and to and from main lifts when they often can be left in the shop storage.
The other thing to worry about is the risk of theft of your own skis which seems to be higher than ever.

At the end of the day, I am getting return flights to the Alps for £70 average. That can't be bad value for money.
snow report
I don't mind the charges per se, but if I can't avoid them, ie they are compulsorary then they should appear in the headline price I first see. If they are optional then I should be able to pay them easily at the time of booking, on the website. Or add them to my booking at a later date, but before flying, on the website at the same price. I can see why the airline may want to make it more expensive to do on booking in at the airport as it wastes time, but RyanAir annoys me by making it dificult to book these optional extras. Last time I took a ski bag I had to book it on the phone on a premium number that took me through lots of options to waste my time/make them money. The website specifically said that was the only way to do it.
ski holidays
Dave Horsley, You've hit the nail on the head - Ryanair's sole purpose is to make money, and they way they do it is to create such a complex and misleading booking service, the sole aim of which, is to catch the passenger out and making them pay through the nose at check in.

Rayanair are not an honest airline, they have been chastised by the ASA for telling porkies in their advertisements and they are dragging their heels about displaying actual prices on their website. This is the same airline that makes its own pilots pay for drinking water on a flight and has been criticised for overworking its pilots.

snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy