Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hemel Ski Slope

monster77
monster77
FenlandSkier wrote:

I thought it was dendix under the snow on the drag tracks at MK. Puzzled I'm sure I've seen it there before.

Judging by the state of my skis, there are lumps of metal, screws and other bits that have done serious damage to my bases. I now have great gouges im them thanks to the poor state of the lift tracks Mad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
monster77, I concur, bits of wood with screws poking out of them. Makes riding the drag lift an exercise in concentration avoiding the nasties.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Any idea why they're not having snow under the lifts at Hemel? I thought CFe had progressed from MK / Castleford by putting snow on the tracks, with pylons suspended from the roof so the tracks can be piste bashed.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had an hour in MK on Tuesday for the first time in a couple of years. You do indeed slide up on very thinly covered wood with the odd metallic object poking through. I moved over a metre or so to slide up on the better covered area (making sure to move back to avoid the pillars Madeye-Smiley )
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
beanie1, All the existing slopes can have snow on the tracks, the problem is with staff who scrape it all off so that any beginners who fall can get up easier.

Castleford and Braehead have been better recently.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
FenlandSkier, rjs, is right but in some spots the snowflex has been torn off and the wood backing can get exposed
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What I meant was, why do they need snowflex at all? CFe is snow right down to the metal slope under the lifts, the same depth as in the middle of the slope. Suspended pylons enable this design. I just wondered why Hemel had chosen to take what in my view (and most with their own skis) would consider a step back in design by putting snowflex on the track like the earlier slopes.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Probably just as a back-up as the snow on the lift tracks wears out the fastest?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
im pritty sure mk has wood
never seen any dendix in that place

and i didnt mean just dendix, snow on top but if it gets worn away then you would be going up dendix instead of wood
i dont think any dome has no snow on on the lift tracks
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Last time I went there wasn't anything but snow on the tracks, but previously there have sometimes been bits of dendix showing through here and there (and I vaguely remember a bit of wood too, once). But only a few bits you could avoid. Must have got worse.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not sure where this information is coming from. All the lifts at The Snow Centre will have snow tracks. As part of our design we want all snow sport enthusiasts and leaners to have contact with the snow at all times. Hence the use of rope tows on the lessons slope. There are many ways to protect the lift track and to stop undulations caused by the extension of the spring on the POMA tow where different bases are used under the snow. The use of a wooden, metal or other such plafrom under the snow is put there for two principal reasons. Firstly to stop excessive undulatons in the depth of snow and secondly, the alow easier access to the Glycol valves which are always positioned at the wall face, where one at least conicides with a lift tow. We are building an extensive web site, which is currently in its early stages. We shall very soon have a section on the technology used and all other details that you may all find interesting (we hope!). Keep watching thesnowcentre.com
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jordano42, glad to hear it won't be a dendix track, thanks for setting the record straight!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jordano42, Looking forward to the Web site with all the technical bits. Very Happy I keep driving by the site to look into the big hole and wonder what bit will go where, it's a bigger hole than I thought it would be. Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Went by the site yesterday and the frame of the building is up and the roof is going on. snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anyone go to the Topping Out on Weds? (although i understand there's "another" toppping out in Dec?)
snow conditions
 Poster: A snowHead
beanie1, Ooo I'm off next week how do you get an invite? Smile
snow conditions
Headplant, i didn't go, a friend did, just wondering if anyone on here had been and had any stories or pics!
snow report
beanie1, Sorry misread your post. Embarassed I have been watching the build week by week and looking at the web site but missed this completely. Sad The photos on the web site stop in early August, I have some of my own but they are not as good just looking over the fence, disappointed they didn't post on here how did you find out.
latest report
It was an invitation thing, a friend was invited, local mayor and various bods from the ski world. They unveiled a plaque or something like that, I don't think it was the full on McAlpines Topping Out with the bough and tankards etc - from what my friend said. I have been to a couple of Topping Out ceremonies before in my job - they're to thank the construction team and bring good luck to the building.
ski holidays
Wow..just went to web site

http://www.thesnowcentre.com/project-progress/photo-gallery/1

Great pictures. Coming along nicely.
ski holidays
u could also check http://www.snowboardclub.co.uk/news-7401.html which has some good bits
latest report
Only problem is that Hemel is inundated with low-lifes. Expect vast armies of tracksuit wearing pondlife frequenting the place!
snow report
If that keeps awksquawk, away I'll be happier.
snow report
awksquawk, Just out of interest, what do you wear? !
snow conditions
elbrus, I try and refrain from the Vicky Pollard look, it's soooo last season...

beequin, Careful what you wish for! Smile
ski holidays
tbh most of them dont go near the ski slope
ski holidays
sideshow bobbers, No, but have you seen the bowling complex next to it? Sorry, not being negative, but I know Hemel well (the mother in law lives half a mile from the slope) and I'd hate for such a great venture to go that way.
snow report
mate, i rode there twice a week and we only heard chavs
they never really came down 2 bother any1
it is quite likely that it might change but it wasnt really a problem b4 and they will find it much harder 2 hop the fence and go down the slope on bin lids
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Maybe they can electrify the car park fences, Toofy Grin so the locals don't break them down as before.
snow report
awksquawk, If you had ever taken the trouble to visit the slope when it was open you may not have that opinion. As sideshow bobbers, says the local low life don't/didn't use the slope and only showed up to cause annoyance on the odd occasion.
snow report
The snow centre Hemel Hempstead has sold its first membership today!

www.thesnowcentre.com
ski holidays
gilleski, how much??
snow report
gilleski, We've heard the ads on Chiltern radio, presumably they're working!
snow conditions
beanie1, £75 is for a single membership, other bands available (family, bolt on etc)Kitty, really gaining momentum now! not long and we will all be sliding back down the hill we love (well in the uk anyway)
snow report
gilleski, Looking forward to it. Off to the real stuff tomorrow for three days. I assume you are just home for a breather before heading back to Tux?
ski holidays
Kitty, have a good one! yes I am back just to check the wife has not moved in a tall, dark, athletic stranger! So far no sign of him, funny noises coming from the loft though!!! Back to Tux next week.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy