Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

May Honeymoon

Poster: A snowHead
man down, man down Laughing

getting hitched at end of April 08. What chances of a skiing honeymoon?? (or a skiing first leg of honeymoon!). Anyone know of anywhere that's usually decent for first week of May?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
barry, gotta be Zermatt for such a gig.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Engelberg
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
barry,

We went to Canada for our Honeymoon in November. Choose Lake Louise and Sunshine Village as they are very Snow Sure. I reckon Sunshine would still have pretty good snow in May.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
agree with johnboy,
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I agree with johnboy, sunshine will be open until late May
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whislter
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
why don't you go skiing before the wedding - get away from that ghastly last minute panic and pitch up relaxed for the ceremony!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There will only be a handful of stations in Switzerland, France, Austria, the US and Canada open for sliding in May. Available terrain will be modest.

For Western Europe, it has gotta be Zermatt. It has a glacier and a buzz.

For North America, Banff, Lake Louise or Whistler should do the trick. They stay chilly well into May.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

There will only be a handful of stations in Switzerland, France, Austria, the US and Canada open for sliding in May. Available terrain will be modest.

Exactly. So go before. If you can have sex before marriage you can have a honeymoon before marriage.... be original. Most people nowadays seem to spend the week or so before their wedding in a state of nervous exhaustion, fraught with tension. Be different; chill.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, i love that idea but not sure if it will be allowed.......(sounds like i'm feckin married already!!!!)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
barry, take her with you.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Helen Beaumont, said
Quote:

barry, take her with you

Absolutely, 'cos she's the one who's going to be in such a state of nervous exhaustion that she won't be able to enjoy her wedding day (my mate who worked many years for a wedding photographer said the state of most brides on their wedding morning was pitiable). A period of quiet togetherness (along with some exhilarating sliding, of course, and the odd glass of vino, in beautiful surroundings) will help her stop fretting about whether the tasteful place cards hand written on hand made paper will look like something from Blue Peter.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
barry,
I don't know anything other than casual reading but have you considered Alaska. The skiing is meant to be great and being up North probably keeps it's snow late. There is fabulous scenery here and on the west coast of Canada, or you could carry on to somewhere like Hawaii.
No idea if it's possible but may be worth looking into.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
T Bar, i think you can whale watch at that time of year too.
snow conditions
You really can't go wrong with a trip to ESPACE KILLY (ie Tignes/Val D'Isere) in late April/early May.

I was there for the last weekend of the season this year (ie May Day Bank Holiday weekend) and it was amazing - 70% of runs open, full range of snow conditions (perfectly skiable mush on open resort runs and great snowhigher up. We even had powder on our last morning. Best of all, we hardly saw another skier in 3 days!! It really was like skiing your own private resort - in fact a bit of a blow when you did actually see someone else on the piste. Absolutely amazing - and we'll be back the same weekend next year.

Only thing you might want to think about is that Val D'Isere was very quiet - only a handful of hotels/bars/restaurants/mountain restaurants open. Suppose it all depends on whether your priority is amazing, deserted, late season skiing or beer!
ski holidays
Quote:

Suppose it all depends on whether your priority is amazing, deserted, late season skiing or beer!

What other priorities could a couple on their honeymoon possibly have?
latest report
BUMP

tick-tock!

have learned that Blackcomb mountain will be open for riding until June 8th. In which case I reckon iit's a goer. Plan would be 2 weeks - not all skiing (expectations calibrated accordingly considering the time of year - ie first 2 weeks of may). So can anyone help with suggestions for accom and travel options for whistler from UK. Don't mind a wee bit of a splash-out considering the occasion.
Any advice appreciated
latest report
Zermatt pure chocolate box sqiss romantic mush and a fairly large glacier area
ski holidays
Banff would be a great place for a honeymoon - push the boat out and go for Banff Springs Hotel. You might get decent rates at that time, as their summer season probably won't really have got off the ground.

Mammoth in California closes very late indeed (we skied there in May in excellent conditions). I'm not sure what it's like as a resort; it was very quiet when we went, but I gather that it's changed a lot since 1998.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy