Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kästle returns to the pistes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The legendary Austrian trademark 'Kastle' is set to make a come back. Benetton stopped using the name in 1999 and has now sold the trademark to an Austrian group who are producing four types of ski for this coming season... They plan to produce 10-30,000 pairs of skis for the first season manufactured in Head's factory in Vorarlberg. Benetton's new developments all came out under the Nordica brand.
Some names from the world of alpine skiing using Kastle in the past: Toni Sailer, Pirmin Zurbriggen, Andreas Wenzel, and Kjetil-Andre Aamodt.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kerekip, I saw a pair of Kastle GS skis in Hintertux in May. They had been made in Italy though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rjs, As far as I know, they were made in Italy between 1991 and 1998, during the Benetton years.
The models for 2007/2008 are now displayed only in one shop in Austria, somewhere on the glacier.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kerekip, The pair I saw were current GS sidecut, not old ones.

I still have two pairs of PureMachine SLs from the last season that old Kastle were manufacturing them that are marked "Made in Austria". The season after this the same topsheets were used on skis made in the Elan factory, then the season after that the first Nordica skis came out.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy