Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courcheval to Les Minuires (spelling??) with luggage?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So how do you get from one to the other with luggage etc...ie not on skis?

Are there buses, is it a taxi ride?
Any idea of what it costs?

The reason I ask is because my son maybe doing a BASi instructor's course/exam in Couch' and then going to Les M' to hook up with his school ski trip.

I've never been to either except on skis a very long time ago (from Meribel).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's "Les Menuires", which is further down the valley from Val THorens?

This page berlow suggests, as I thought, It means going via moutiers at the bottom of the valley

Quote:

For example, a taxi from Courchevel to Val Thorens is more than €140 or a time-consuming bus via Moutiers would cost about €25.

http://skisnowboardeurope.com/courchevel/getting.html
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well that means a bus trip for him then...no way is he spending 140 or so!

thanks for that.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rungsp, If he did have skis then you can do the whole trip and only have to ski the Allemands short red run. The rest is Gondola or Cable car. Otherwise it is bus to Moutiers and then change bus to Les Menuires
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thing is it would be in mid december....so snow cover (and I guess lift operation) could be in question.
Good point though Frosty...if he can cram all his clothes into a rucksack, and the lifts/snow are OK he could ski over.

He is 16...a spare pair of boxers or two, couple of t-shirts and a toothbrush...that would be all he needs apart from ski-kit (which he'd be wearing anyway). Probably doable!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rungsp, I did the same trip with a poorly 10 yr in Jan 06. He got taken out by a very apopolgetic woman on Allemands going down to the Roc des 3 Marches Gondola. Even with a big rucksack the only steepish bit is within site of the gondola.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I may be wrong but I believe there is a new chairlift going in for the coming season which would even cut out having to ski Allemands. So it would just be Platieres bubble lift to Trois Marches & two chairs down in to Les Menuires
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
If he did have skis then you can do the whole trip and only have to ski the Allemands short red run.

Do they leave their towels on the piste markers ? Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rungsp, take all your stuff in a rucksack and ski it. Easy and cheap.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

take all your stuff in a rucksack and ski it. Easy and cheap

Definitely. Even if he had to make 2 journeys. But take off the rucksack on chairlifts.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Rucksack and ski would be my vote if he has own skis. That bus journey will take alot longer
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I once skied down a (blue) piste to change resorts with a suitcase in each hand. It was quite easy - you just kept a still upper body (which was made easier due to the inertia of the bags) and the legs did the turning. Got some strange looks though.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Or take two rucksacks and give someone a fiver to ski down the run with it on their back. Or ask someone to do it for free.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I frequently ski about with a binliner full of packed lunches over one shoulder. Haven't tried it on the board yet though. Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy