Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort beer prices - any advance on €4?

Poster: A snowHead
Thank you for all your responses, with some horror stories mixed in (I think €11 for Coke is the winner), it does seem that you just need to be "careful" where you go, or instead invest in a brown paper bag and a hip flask Wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ski-finder,
I also checked out your site - looks like a LOT of work went into it.

The resort finder is a bit if a blunt instrument though, especially if price is important to you. Your top rated resort seems to be Courchevel, also about the most expensive for beer!! wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
marmalade, thanks for looking at the site. It should be just the start, i've only added the VERY basics really stored in a database which can make it look a little more effort than it was. The new version should be a little better, but your point certainly goes to show that snowHead is a far more useful resource! I am hoping it will become more of a portal to other useful content but we'll see!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Borovets 80p for a large beer in resort but £18 for a day ski pass.

Work that one out Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
what about the avalanche bar in chatel 10e for a 3.5 pint jug of stella mmmmm Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I pay about CHF 1 for (many) 1/2 litre cans of Pilsener Urqell at the local Denner in Davos. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
killian wrote:
€11 for a coke!! Shocked

Look you guys, I realise most of you are Brits and proud of your pound but the symbol "E" means nothing, beyond the capitalisation of the alphabets fifth letter. The Euro symbol is got by pressing ctrl+alt+4.

I was looking for how to get the €, cheers.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ski-finder, FYI, the nearest airport to 2Alpes is Grenoble rather than Chambery.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alpe D'Huez this year €6.40 seemed to be the going rate. Rayscoops, my experience in ski resorts is that there is a suspicious similarity in pricing from bar to bar (in France), Austria not so much.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jump bar in Courchevel 1850 (which used to be cheapish) 4 Euro for a demi and after asking for a seasonaires discount Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pjnufc wrote:
what about the avalanche bar in chatel 10e for a 3.5 pint jug of stella mmmmm Very Happy

Hope your not taking the wife Razz Razz

Wife Embarassed Embarassed
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tignes is €3.50 to €6 in the bars.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In view of the recent Euro exchange rates, makes the 8 Euro's the bar in the Oxalys wanted in VT last year seem like daylight robbery. A sobering thought in view of the recent exchange rate is 5 Euros is £4 Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think I agree with those that have commented about France already. Les Arcs/La Plagne about 4 - 6 € for a large beer. The same in Val Thorens and Tignes. Better value to by a 'JUG' and you get to drink more!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It all seems fairly clar to me.

Don't drink coke.
Don't go to France.

Buy beer at the supermarket.

And don't go to Coventry paid £8- for a glass of wine last night in Hotel.

In other words - your on holiday - just enjoy !!!!! Very Happy Toofy Grin Madeye-Smiley rolling eyes Shocked snowHead
snow report
just got back from teh schladming night race - 50,000 people in town, beer stalls all around town and up the side of the slalom course. Even where we were watching the slalom race from, a long walk up the hill, a can of beer was only 2.5€ Smile
ski holidays
Dont forget alot of resorts use cleverly disguised 0.4 L glasses which look like 0.5L glasses & 0.5L is less than an English Pint !

The Mooserwirt in St Anton is over €4.50
Hospiz Alm St Christoph is 0.3L is €4.80
Krazy Kanguruah 0.3L is €3.80
ski holidays
Well i'm just back from Avoriaz and the most common price seemed to be €5 - €6 for a large beer, seems pretty expensive to me. But it was the €3.20 for a can of coke on the slopes that hit me hardest! Wicked trip though, and overall prices weren't too bad.
snow conditions
parallel lines wrote:
...and don't go to Coventry...

I think that sums it up quite nicely snowHead
snow report
A place on the slopes in Les Houches this week was €22 for 5 demis Shocked
latest report
rainman, bienvenue a francais rolling eyes
snow report
Stanton, where's best for beer in village? Arriving tomorrow.

Ghost Dog
latest report
Ghost Dog, Bar Cuba is usually good, as is Scotties.
snow conditions
7 Euro for a pint of Leffee in La Ferme in Montchavin (and it tastes shoite Toofy Grin )
latest report
Wheres the best place in ADH for a pint, anywhere has Kronenbourg Blanc on draught !! .
snow report
Where's the best place in serre chevalier for a scoop or 2
snow report
I paid €15 for a large beer on the slopes of Courchevel last year, more than likely the same place as that €11 Coke. It put me off that place for life.
snow report
Romania, 4 Lei for a pint on the slopes....that's about 80p Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
just got back from ADH this weekend and even paying E6.80 a pint on the mountain did not detract from a fantastic week although it did cut down our volume intake......the better value was found with picher(sp) of vin rouge and a carafe of d'leu(sp) wink
latest report
I've never seen 4 euro pints in austria. Usually they are about 3.20-3.50. Ski areas seem to have even cheaper beers than the cities. The cheapest I paid this year was 2.90 at axams by innsbruck. But as previous posters said : buy beer in the supermarket. It is always under a euro.
ski holidays
ski-finder wrote:
Guvnor, no i'm not THAT cheeky, however when I was looking for a resort last year i trawled so many different sites, resorts etc that I kept a record in a database (sad i know) then thought I might as well upload it! I'm not sure I've actually made any useful tips on here or my website tho! Not really much point when I can just direct people to snowHead

Hi Skifinder

your database sounds like something I would do Laughing Where can I find a copy of this to save me the time

Anyone interested in my databases?? Laughing

family of travelers
ski holidays
carolwags, i've PM'd you... don't think people here are that interested in my databases! Wink
ski holidays
€9 for a pint in the grizzly bar in Val Claret (according to a couple of lads outside - went into the cavern at an altogether more reasonable €13 for a pint, glass of wine and two halves). has to be said the grizzly bar did look good though.
snow report
Viking Hotel in Morzine is around the €8 a pint mark outside of the happy hours !!!

A complete rip-off if it's a non lift night and you can't get into town !!!

(PS. The Viking is at the top of the Pleney lift which only runs to 2am 3 nights a week and 8pm other nights.)
ski holidays
Went to Tigne in 2004, bought one round of 2 5CL Beers, €16!!!! Didn't realise till I'd sat down! Best bar in Tigne de Lac is definately LOOP! does anyone have any idea how much beer in Finland costs, I know its ridiculous in Sweden and thats only next door!
snow report
a demi litre in Le Pub, La Roseire is €2.50 in happy hour but not everyone is lucky enough to go to La Rosiere.
snow conditions
Right am off to St Anton on the 17th feb for a week, any one got prices and./or suggestions of where to drink??
snow report
snowball wrote:
killian wrote:
€11 for a coke!! Shocked

Look you guys, I realise most of you are Brits and proud of your pound but the symbol "E" means nothing, beyond the capitalisation of the alphabets fifth letter. The Euro symbol is got by pressing ctrl+alt+4.
Not on my iMac - it is alt+2.

Yep having just spent about €25 each on lunch and a bottle of beer, we were sitting on the deckchairs outside a mountain restaurant in ADH a couple of weeks ago. The waiter came round my mate asked for a lemonade, the waiter asked regular or large, as he is from Manchester of course he replied 'LARGE'.

The waiter came back with a 2 litre glass half full of ice, half full of lemonade. €11 sil vous plait Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
snow report
£1.50 a pint in Aspen during happy hour, rising to £1.75 at normal times.
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat, now that has surprised me... £1.75 for a large beer in Aspen. For some reason I expected it to be far higher than that... good to know. What are the other food/drink prices like? Equally reasonable?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy