Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

These Package Deals (Inghams ETC)`

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So any company that has given you assistance in the past could not possibly charge somebody else extra for transfers.

No ignorant prejudice there then. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That wasn't what you said. You clearly stated that Neilsens charge extra for transfers and said that this was a terrible racket.

You only need to correct this to "Neilsens once charged me extra for a transfer on a late booking" and you will be misleading nobody. This part of the board is fo "data data data". It helps if it is accurate and not plain wrong.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dave_wick, bet you didn't expect this from your totally innocent question? rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chris Bish wrote:
That wasn't what you said. You clearly stated that Neilsens charge extra for transfers and said that this was a terrible racket.

You only need to correct this to "Neilsens once charged me extra for a transfer on a late booking" and you will be misleading nobody. This part of the board is fo "data data data". It helps if it is accurate and not plain wrong.

snowHead

That is exactly what he did post though http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=697194#697194

Latchigo wrote:
Chris Bish, Neilsen charged me for transfers on a late booking to Saalbach/Hinterglemm a couple of years ago.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Specialman, Indeed.

Chris Bish, My statement is accurate. I see no reason to qualify it by the addition of the words 'once' and 'late booking'.

It is a terrible racket - even if you consider Neilson to be the saints of the ski industry.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FenlandSkier, If you look back to the beginning of the thread, you will find that dave_wick who asked in the first place if transfers were included in TO deals was given inaccurate information along with a few opinions about the travel industry.

I will accept that the inaccurate information was later clarified, if that helps. I don't come on here to insult people or get into rows.

(or be insulted come to that, but I deal with kids a lot.....)

snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For my part all I can say is that we've enjoyed three holidays with Neilson (two in the winter) and the only reason we changed last year was that they didn't go where we wanted to. We've never been charged extra by them for a transfer.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Surely the point is that you can very easily find out, before you part with any dosh, exactly what will be included in the package. If you part with the dosh before finding out you're an idiot. I think the best of the TOs do a good job on small margins and for people taking their first ski holiday, especially, they're a good thing. Worrying about how and when to put on snow chains is no fun with a car full of kids when you've never driven up a snowy road before. We did some years of low cost, and often last-minute, catered chalets and always felt we got what we paid for, and sometimes more. Some people expect ridiculous standards for a couple of hundred quid and just love to moan. Of course you can get a rogue chalet crew at any level - my son flew out to Val D'Isere half way through last season to cook in one of the most expensive chalets in the resort, where the food had not been up to standard because the operator had skimped on staff. He asked for £600 a week, plus board, ski pass and single room, and got it. And the guests were happy! But then they were paying up to £2000 a week each, accommodation only. Some of the chalets we stayed in for a tenth of that just had a couple of young graduates with no real cooking experience running the place, but they were intelligent and hard working and not expected to produce "designer meals". They did fine. Horses for courses, as people have said.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Paid Neilson's for a Motoring Breakdown Policy to go with a ski-drive package purchased at the same time. Policy was fine, except for it failing to cover the days of travel, and including some days where we were still at home. Attempts to get it corrected were so frustrating, and plain awful, that I recorded them on cassette, and posted them to Neilson's, with a suggestion that they play it back at a suitable staff training session. Compensation and an apology followed. Horses for courses indeed, not been back.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Went to Flaine with Inghams and 9 of us stayed in an amazing s/c chalet at a bargain price. It was supposed to be a 9 person chalet but they upgraded to a 14 person chalet no charge snowHead . Transfers included. Only issue was we had to hang around till 5pm till our chalet was ready but I'm sure that wasnt an Inghams issue. I would definately use them again
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
eddyr, got a Ski Independence brochire through today. Good prices and great selection of properties too.

I like that fact that all the prices include Euro Tunnel passage. It doesn't say abvout if you ahve two cars though – I take it you pay a supplement for an extra car on the train?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy