Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The best mountain bands

Poster: A snowHead
A personal favourite of mine was the CCJ's who used to play early (4pm to 8pm) at the Griablali (SP?) and other places later in St Anton for a few years but I fear they are no more (drug rehab for one of them I hear Sad ). They really really were excellent and got everyone dancing (in ski boots) on chairs and tables whenever I saw them, a proper apre band. So come on any others we should ensure we hear next winter in Europe ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty, some fantastic Irish guys in Zermatt, but can't remember their names. Quite well-known, I think, so someone else on here is bound to know.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hurtle, For many of these nights out remembering the name of the band does prove very very tricky.... Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mountain bands and pub bands are a bit sad.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whitegold, any chance you could post your Tables of Human Misery for reference purposes? For example, I'm not sure if "a bit sad" is above or below "losers" in the great scheme of things. Would be useful, ta Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
'Bring your Sisters' a band I saw in Meribel & La Tania were pretty good, probably the best I've seen in the Alps. Very Happy Pink Floyd, Toffee Vodka & Mutzig - Heaven. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yellow Mike, appear in the Farinet, Verbier every year. Lead singer has an staggering ability to persuade nubile (and unfortunately sometimes not so nubile) young ladies to dance on tables with their tops off. Genius
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I saw these two guys in a bar in Belle Plagne back in January. One was French Canadian and playing a guitar, the other an Italian on the flute. They did the old covers versions of classics like Living on a prayer, Brown eyed girl and all that, but were having a right laff doing it. The guitar man loved himself like, but they were good.

My missis couldn't help staring at the flute player's 'package' - tight jeans made it rather prominent. wink .... not that I looked!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yoda, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Specialman, spare flute maybe... Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty, Google is a wonderful antidote to dementia...Murphy Brothers - play at Fluhalp, it's the only place I've danced in skiboots at lunchtime.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hurtle wrote:
Frosty, Google is a wonderful antidote to dementia...Murphy Brothers - play at Fluhalp, it's the only place I've danced in skiboots at lunchtime.

They were indeed fantastic.

They also play in a disco in town. Guitarist was very accomplished even though he was ex Bad Manners. Singer had great patter as well.

I particularly enjoyed the way he could gently take the p1ss out of old ones without them objecting - 'Look at Kenny Rogers over there' etc.

It's no wonder Hurtle would like them. wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Band that play each year downstairs in Malaysia Val Thorens are excellent. And girl singer not bad either Razz
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bulldog Gravy, a blues band that played the Alpen bar in Monetier last winter.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Don't really know names of most outfits but the Hairfarmers who are a Whistler staple are pretty good. Engelberg monsterfest band competition pretty good fun too - Umpah brass band marching around in monster costumes playing Guns & Roses etc - I think the Swiss are a bit nuts.
ski holidays
garethjomo, Yep, caught them at the EoSB - excellent - the guy singer pretty good too wink
snow conditions
Hurtle, I also heard those Irish guys were good! They were pretty shite or brutal as we would say here. There was another band in Zermatt that were pretty good. Played up the mountain as well. Dont know who they were.
ski holidays
Roy Hockley,
Quote:

Dont know who they were

Are you demented as well? Step forward for a bit of Latchigo's charm, in that case. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
Not much time to fart around, I had the missus with me! But have to admit I thought the famous Irish band I heard so much of were not that good. We do have a good selection of house bands over here and I think that many here, even in this small town would be far better.

"Bad Manners", christ that's a blast from the past!! Sad to say my formative school years!!! Sad
latest report
Can't remember the name but for two years running there was a bunch of Swedish guys playing Classic Rock (Led Zep, Deep Purple, AC/DC etc..) at Chambre Neuf in Chamonix - fantastic. The place was packed to the rafters every evening.

Slightly off topic but lazing around the pool one evening in Tenerife, I was drinking beer to drown out the misery of the local cabaret band (2 guys, 1 girl) when in a break "me and bobby mcghee" and "banks of the Ohio" the guitarist treated us to a flawless rendition of Joe Satriani's "Satch Boogie". Nearly fell off me sun lounger Shocked
snow conditions
Specialman, that's Gabriel and his mate, he absolutely loved himself, my room mate was besotted with him, I thought he was a tit!

blue Phunk (not sure if thats right) we're in Alpe D'huez= V good!
snow report
The band that play in Val D'isere at the bar/restaurant at top of the lift coming out of La Daille. They play from 3pm onwards and then move to Cafe Face. Fab music and band. Anyone know their name?
snow conditions
BGA, Sadly this year was the last year they will play in Verbier...
ski holidays
www.bringyoursisters.com

la tania, courchevel and meribel village
snow report
Specialman wrote:
I saw these two guys in a bar in Belle Plagne back in January. One was French Canadian and playing a guitar, the other an Italian on the flute. They did the old covers versions of classics like Living on a prayer, Brown eyed girl and all that, but were having a right laff doing it. The guitar man loved himself like, but they were good.

My missis couldn't help staring at the flute player's 'package' - tight jeans made it rather prominent. wink .... not that I looked!!!

Zen Music, as I recall.
They also played in La Mine, Plagne 1800, regularly last season, and the year before.
Nice chaps both, the Canadian bloke likes to be taken seriously, the Italian packed in his job as a butcher to play the flute.
ski holidays
Shibboleth do not spend as much time in the Alps as they used to but are a great band if you get the chance. They normally base themselves in La Tania and play both there and Meribel.
latest report
Not forgetting the excellent LOS HERMANOS, of course! I saw them in Ishgl a couple of years ago - three guys playing all the favorite Latin/Spanich tunes, and playing very very well. One of them amused the audience a lot by playing his guitar while holding it above his head. It was a great evening. Very Happy
latest report
The Former Dictators in the Farinet this year were pretty tight I thought - mostly covers but got the place rocking Twisted Evil .
Yellow Mike will be missed Sad .
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
T-Dub wrote:
Specialman wrote:

Zen Music, as I recall.
They also played in La Mine, Plagne 1800, regularly last season, and the year before.
Nice chaps both, the Canadian bloke likes to be taken seriously, the Italian packed in his job as a butcher to play the flute.

Well, we'll be in Plagne 1800 next January, let's hope they're still there! Shocked Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Chaddy Unplugged in Sauze D'Oulx about 6-7 years ago.

Aussie with a guitar and a penchant for Heineken. Great fun and only time I've heard Cold Chisel covered in Europe!

Also "officiated" during the weekly Andy Capp race.

Don't know his name but the guy in Piccadilly, St Anton, does a good job blasting out covers to get everyone singin' and dancin'.
ski holidays
A list of bands that have played out in the Three Valleys at one time of another is here:

http://www.latania.co.uk/photos/events/LiveMusic.htm
snow conditions
There are a great band called 'Lukas' who play once a week through the season at the Frog & Rosboeuf in Val T. They do a great line in rock covers...
latest report
These guys were pretty good in the 3V last year, can't remember their name after all the toffee Vodka, but maybe Chris or Bev Bish can? (on second thoughts that's probably unlikely) Laughing
snow report
Can't believe no one's mentioned Torchey Harper yet!! Shocked
snow report
Ski Tyke wrote:

Aussie with a guitar and a penchant for Heineken. Great fun and only time I've heard Cold Chisel covered in Europe!

He was there in 1997 and 2001. Was a techy in the ski shop at the bottom of the home run. Bought my first pair of skis from him. Had a test run and a kinda private lesson for half an hour -twas only my 2nd week.
snow report
AxsMan wrote:
These guys were pretty good in the 3V last year, can't remember their name after all the toffee Vodka, but maybe Chris or Bev Bish can? (on second thoughts that's probably unlikely) Laughing

I think you'll find they are the aforementioned www.bringyoursisters.com
snow report
bertie bassett, Embarassed You're absolutely right, I missed Spyderman's post. (He obviously has a greater tolerance to Toffee Vodka than me Very Happy)
snow conditions
Ski Tyke wrote:

Very Happy I was trying to remember the name of the place I stayed in about 2003 and you've (by the power of google) just reminded me. Grand Trun! Basic, cold floors, but bloody good showers & Chaddy; "Know any Megadeth?..."
snow conditions
Off topic, I seen a band from Finland in the farinet this year that was the worst band I ever heard, which is saying something, bearing in mind, I must be the only person on here that has seen The Monkeys live (waits with interest).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy