Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Maria Alm - any info?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have just booked for the week Jan 12th-19th in Maria Alm - will be our first experience of Austria. Staying at the Alpenland sporthotel. Any info on the hotel/resort/slopes must sees/must avoids and where to eat would be much appreciated Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AxsMan, there was a thread last winter, but I can't find it rolling eyes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen Beaumont, this one?
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=23311
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Helen Beaumont, kerekip, Thanks for that. Did anyone answer Cymru's question? Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AxsMan, funnily enough we're going to Alpenland Sporthotel 13-20 Jan, if you wear a pink carnation we'll find you in the piano bar Toofy Grin The hotel is really nice, spacious studio rooms (are you using timeshare by any chance?). The food in the hotel is good but there are loads of restaurants in the area, very good value and huge portions! The first year we went we took their half-board option but it was a mistake, not as much fun as choosing a different restaurant each night.

As you're a "mega-snowHead" I presume you're a "real skiier" and not a "holiday skiier" Twisted Evil so you might find the area a bit limited. I'm a definite "holiday skiier" and I think it's great. In fact, this year we're getting a points card and not a 6-day pass as we don't really make enough use of the pass and the points card is loads cheaper. The drag lifts use hardly any points at all and we like to ski on the runs at the back of the hotel rather than get the bus to the Ahberg (think that's how it's spelt Puzzled )

To answer Cymru's question the apres ski is great at the Dengl Bar, just down the road from the Alpenland. Loads of people dancing in ski boots and trying to hammer nails into a block of wood Very Happy

The hotel's got a nice pool (but as you have to walk through the bar to get to it somehow we've never used it). Let's hope the snow is better than last year - we went in February and there was an awful lot of grass about!!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sue S, Hi Sue, thanks for that excellent information, and yes we are swapping out a week from the Marriott Marbella beach. I guess that means 'room only' so looking forward to trying out those restaurants.

As far as skiing goes we are definitely 'holiday skiers'. As in, we go on holiday, we go skiing snowHead Not sure what a 'real skier' is, but if it's someone who likes to ski between bars and meal stops, we qualify. Not worried about limited areas, some of the most fun we've had was at Courmayeur which is definitely not a mega resort!

We'll have to make a point of catching up in the bar, the Dengl sounds like my kind of place! snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AxsMan, Stayed there last year.
Unfortunately we were very late in the season, so not only was most of the town dead, they had also closed the lifts leading from town.
Very nice looking place but due to being shut didn't venture far from the hotel. the Dengle bar was actually part of our hotel, very good, even if it wasn't a riot at that time of year.
Skiing will involve touring along the various ski areas to Muhlbach to make it worthwhile. If the snow is good the links should be ok. If not you may have to start off on a bus.
Mountain restaurants great, family owned mainly.
If you get the chance try to find the hotel in the next village, big pink thing just up from the bus stop on the main road. Waitress in traditional costume with enormous cleavage. Impossible to keep eye contact.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cymru am Byth wrote:
AxsMan, ...Waitress in traditional costume with enormous cleavage....

'nuff said, sold! snowHead Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy