Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow-Camp gets funds to take more than 100 disadvantaged young people skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Youth charity Snow-Camp announced this week that it has been successful in getting significant funding towards the running of Snow-Camp 2008, enabling it to be much bigger than previous years. British Olympic skier, Martin Bell has said of the news: “A fantastic and beneficial project that just keeps getting better."

The charity plans to take 110 disadvantaged young people to Les Deux Alpes to learn to ski and snowboard. Up to 20 youth groups across inner city London are taking part in the project. The young people are also offered life-skills courses....The planned increase in numbers means more ski and snowboard gear is needed and, so far, there has been a great response from the ski and snowboard sector to the project.

Snow-Camp is now looking for more support to develop the project. To get involved with kit provision or to make a donation please contact Dan Charlish on 07930 695384.

For general information, photos and to watch the most recent Snow-Camp movie, check out our website at www.snow-camp.co.uk
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks a really good idea.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
el Hen,

It looks great, I'm interested as I'm a Regeneration Manager and I work with disadvantaged young people a lot. What often disappoints me though, is that many of these kind of initiatives are aimed at 'inner-city' youth.

I live in a very picturesque place but in our district we have some of the most disadvantaged neighbourhoods in the country - up to 80% of young people leave school with no qualifications here! People think that if you live somewhere pretty with green spaces and beaches then you can't be disadvantaged. It isn't fair to offer these things only to kids that live in cities, afterall they probably have access to a lot more amenities and youth activities than those in more rural areas.

Sorry to be negative, sermon over now!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How much bad luck can these kids have? Socially and educationally disadvantaged, probably from birth, living in often appalling conditions in inner city London, they are given a free ski trip, and it's to Les 2 Alpes Shocked On the positive side, at least they'll feel at home wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BGA, Laughing. Keeps em out of Verbier though wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy