Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Archers go snowboarding???

Poster: A snowHead
In one of the greatest culture shocks ever to hit Radio 4's endless soap 'The Archers', middle-aged dairy farmer David Archer is getting a secret birthday present of a snowboarding session in a snowdome. Here's the gripping story synopsis from the BBC website:

"Phil comes over to Lower Loxley to see Nigel’s vines. He tells Elizabeth that Ruth has decided to resign from the milk group even though she is still committed to the co-op principle. Phil is expecting to be contacted by Lynda to provide music for A Christmas Carol. Elizabeth tells him that Nigel is also interested in taking part. As a surprise for David’s birthday, Ruth has arranged with Sam to take him snowboarding, but it’s all very hush hush."

Stay tuned. This story could run and run. (or slide and slide)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 17-09-04 19:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Only cos he'll fall on his butt and hurt himself and because of that the cows won't get milked, their udders will explode and bankrupt the farm which will be sold to Eddy who'll grow skunk because he thinks it's industrial hemp, which, after a Summer's global warming inspired drought will spontaneously combust, chill-out the entire county of Buggercestshire and leave the BBC with ‘15 minutes of silence interrupted by the occasional bovine bottom burp’. Which in future lifetimes will be considered the seminal ‘Archers’ broadcast, but here and now will be living proof to middle anglais that snowboards are the tools of the DEVIL! Skullie
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Only for Ruth Archer to say: "Oh No..." (provide your own Geordie accent) Shocked
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wonderful! Now the old forum wheel has come full circle and we have an Archers thread again Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wonder what David Archer is going to make of the inside of a snowdome. Plenty of agricultural barn comparisons, I hope.

It would be nice if they could let loose some livestock in there to make him feel at home. Have the Archers been acquainted with the snow bison yet? A magnificent beast.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
David, has he had his lesson yet?
And if you are an Archers fan, could you explain what is the cause of the bad feeling between Sid (the barman and cricket captain) and Adam (batting star transferring to opposing team)? I only get to listen occasionally, and it can be really frustrating if a key fact has been missed.
I think having an Archers thread in the middle of the snowboarder section is quite delightful.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jonpim, Adam is gay / Sid is homphobic - I think that pretty much sums it up! Consulting the resident Archers expert (Mrs H), I find that David Archer has been boardng and came back a bit sore...I know the feeling Shocked
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wow, Ian H, you're really on the ball today. I knew about Adam, but didn't know about Sid's hang-up.
And is that all there is to David Archer's boarding experience? He went, he fell over, he came home sore. Not really rivetting, is it?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So, let's get this right, Adam is a snowboarder... Twisted Evil
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
and i guess he rides a Burton snowboard then Wink NehNeh
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonpim, events occuring outside Ambridge tend to not to be reported in detail...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hang on - did I miss an episode? I don't remember that David had actually been. Can Sharon remember if it 'twas this week Ian? I'll download from the Beeb if so Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Alan, I have to say I can't remember it but Mrs H swears it happened a couple of weeks ago...however looking at the date for the beginning of this thread it is possible Mrs H is mistaken. Shocked

Whilst googling to find out I did discover a picture of the actor who plays Tom Archer snowboarding in Meribel and Whistler... and if you search for David Archer and snowboarding you get.....this thread!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowboarding is so cool even untrendy radio shows like the Archers want a piece of teh action. Laughing

They obviously haven't done their homework though. Adam should be sporting the "sticks of shame" if what i read in this thread is to be believed. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Next they'll be listening to Metal and such. Love it Skullie
ski holidays
Tried to listed to Omnibus Edition this morning, but kept getting interrupted.
Looking forward to great drama when Ed works out who the real father of Emma's baby is.....
I registered on the Archers forum to find out about David's snowbaord lesson, only to discover the "message board" was shut! I'll have to wait until it opens in the morning.
snow report
Ah ha! Vindicated!! Very Happy A kind soul on the Archers forum answered the question. He went, it was referred to briefly & no doubt will never surface again.

Sadly, David is more likely to spend New Year in a freezing cold ditch stuck under a cow (again) Shocked than on a snowboard in the Alps.
snow conditions
Quote:

Sadly, David is more likely to spend New Year in a freezing cold ditch stuck under a cow (again) than on a snowboard in the Alps.

funny i may have that experience this year but i will be in the Milky Way with the gf Wink NehNeh & I will have a snowboard!
snow report
Cheeky boy!
ski holidays
Sharon Hopkinson, thank goodness for that. Whenever I try to get on to the message board it is shut, or old man Grundy is hogging the computer again.
snow conditions
It was in fact Sam Batton the new cowman David and Ruth have taken on that arranged the snowboarding, as I recall the story was that Sam had tried boarding while in NZ.

And the forum is usually so well informed........
snow conditions
One of our snowHeads is a David Snell - why hasn't he said anything on this thread ? Mind you with a wife like Linda, he probably keeps schtumm on most topics.
snow report
Did we establish which snowdome David Archer ploughed/surfed?

i.e. MK, Tamworth, Castleford or "Felpersham, a cathedral city which appears to be larger than Borchester" (it says here)?
snow conditions
I'd have guessed Tamworth...they characters talk about going up to Brum and I've always thought of them as being down around Worcester...
snow conditions
Ian, I think you will find it was Milton Tamford. Cool
latest report
Laughing and from mrs h too!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy