Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Global Warming Will Accelerate From 2009

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Peter S wrote:
Quote:

Absolutely - the UK is the poor man of Europe when it comes to public transport.

In which areas are we not the poor man of Europe rolling eyes

most of them..
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Apart from wealth and disposable income. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Apart from wealth and disposable income. Very Happy

Puzzled

How come Brits are buying up half of France then?

And half the pouplation of Poland is coming here to earn a living?

We've wondered well off topic now. Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
laundryman, My comment refers to
Quote:

In which areas are we not the poor man of Europe
I think ....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, ah, I thought it referred to Canv's "most of them", immediately above. Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
laundryman, Well it did...... until I worked out the "not" bit Laughing Embarassed Embarassed
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jijiji.
The seasonal predictions of Mettoffice about this summer:

Summer 2007 UK headline: Warm, some hot spells Temperature
A warmer than average summer is expected. The aggregated Central England Temperature (CET) for June, July and August is expected to be 1C to 2C above the 1961-90 average. Precipitation
Generally close to average levels of rainfall are likely, although significant local variations are expected, and southern and eastern parts should see the driest conditions. Overall we expect levels to reach around 75% to 100% in western and northern areas, and 70% to 95% in southern and eastern parts.

June
Temperature: Above average.
Precipitation: Below average.
The first half of the month looks set to bring well above average temperatures with much dry, fine and settled weather. At times it is likely to turn very warm in southern and central parts. Rainfall levels should be below average.
The second half of June may well bring less settled weather with some thundery showers for a time, but temperatures should remain largely above average. A return to more settled weather is expected to occur fairly quickly and towards the end of the month. Overall we expect June to be a rather warm month with rainfall levels close to, or slightly below the average.
July
Precipitation: Slightly below average.
More fine and very warm weather is expected at times during the first half of the month, although a change to less settled conditions for a time is likely and this should bring some rain across all of the UK. As we head towards the middle of the month high pressure is expected to extend across much of the UK bringing some fine, settled and very warm or perhaps even hot conditions. The weather during the second half of the month is expected to be warm or very warm at times across much of the UK. Some bands of rain are expected to affect northern areas at times, but in the south these are likely to be patchy with the emphasis on reasonable conditions with sunny spells. From time to time during the month we think there will be a significant risk of thunderstorms developing locally, most notably later on.

August
Precipitation: Close to average.
During the first half of the month there should be plenty of fine and sunny weather across most of the UK. Temperatures are likely to climb once again, with warm or very warm conditions developing in the south. Northern areas maybe cooler and less settled with some rain at times, and these conditions may extend into southern and central areas towards the middle of the month. During the second half we expect cooler and showery weather to develop across the UK for a time, with the possibility of some more prolonged spells of rain. Settled and warm weather may well return later on and last until the end of the month.
Forecast Issued 31/05/2007

OK, Now you know the fiability of this kind of long range forecasts. 0% rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sage wrote:
I read an article that said by 2012 we would be in a mini ice age - to do with sun spots apparently rolling eyes

snowHead
This seems a strange idea - we are at a sun-spot low point now so current predictions are for future activity to heat us not cool us.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
edited out

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 23-08-07 11:47; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 brian
brian
boredsurfin wrote:

I would like to do my bit for the planet my kids will inherit but I cannot afford to do so. Sad

This is clearly a bollox statement to make. Make <10 journeys, simple !

So you are, in effect, happy to trade short term lifestyle gains against future likely (but not certain) problems. So am I, so are most snowHead s from what I can see.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Make <10 journeys, simple !

I'm afraid this is the bullet we will all have to bite. 1 big trip rather than 10 small ones. In fact it sounds easier to go and live where your favourite pastime happens.
As for this winter the North Atlantic Oscillation seems to favour a colder Easterly flow of weather . More details here
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
edit
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowball wrote:
Sage wrote:
I read an article that said by 2012 we would be in a mini ice age - to do with sun spots apparently rolling eyes

snowHead
This seems a strange idea - we are at a sun-spot low point now so current predictions are for future activity to heat us not cool us.

While we are currently in the valley of a Solar Minimum the next maximum is not expected to be as strong as recent ones, and we are thought to be heading into a Dalton Minimum. Some go as far as to say we maybe about to head into a Maunder Minimum and a more sustained period of low solar activity - this is what brought about the Little Ice Age.

Quote:
Based on solar maxima of approximately
50 for solar cycles 24 and 25, a global temperature decline of 1.5°C is predicted
to 2020.

Interesting read on this here: http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/media/5/7/Solar_Cycles_24_and_25_and_Predicted_Climate_Response_22nd_October.pdf
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Winterhighland, that was a nice summary, and an interesting link.

snowball, read the articles I posted links to earlier here and here.

snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Here is the solar cycle graph from Winterhighland article:

If it's a correct, the weather could be very cold over the next couple of decades.

snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy