Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just booked for Livigno Feb08

Poster: A snowHead
Cracker of a deal.

£316.00 H/B out of Belfast with Panorama. Think I'll have to give the MSB a miss now though.

Whooooo. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnboy, at that price you can afford to take the missus as well Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
johnboy, BARGAIN ! Well done when are you going - I was quite tempted with Livigno, have you been before ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
johnboy, where you staying?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnboy,
Also looking at Livigno at the minute for a group of 26 of us. Haven't got final prices back yet, but hoping it will be something similiar. Does your price include insurance?
Where are you staying? We are going on the 26th January.
I was there last March in a group and paid, £435 for self catering apartments (L'ables and they were first class), lift pass and ski hire and Insurance.
Also it's very cheap in resort in comparison to Alpe d'Dhuez where we were in Janaury.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
MhicEasmuint,
Just looking aroung about stuff for Livigno and seen your post, there is a gang of about 12 of us going on the 26th Jan too. Prob see ye there mate.
We where goin to go by travel agent coz its the little sis's 21st and she wants it all to go smooth. Do ye reckon its easy to sort transfer from the airport without hassle.
We mostly go through travel agents and all the seasoned skiers tell us we're wasting our money and we are skiing a few yearsn now.
Cheers pal,
Brian
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Booger! All these people going kills the chance of another £125, HB for the week, last minute deal Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil . . . but we'll see .

flexrip, there's enough skiing for a week for anyone unless they are people who just want to rack up the km or are looking to slide stuff that makes the rest of us kack our'sen. It's mostly intermediate terrain but it's pleasant and great for building speed and carving skills. There's enough gnarly stuff to push the advancing intermediate. Off piste depends on snow cover and you will need a guide (by law - or at least you did a couple of years ago)

But what's really nice about Livigno is the continual gentle party. Avoid the bar crawls(rep-backhanders) and the disco(rip-off) and the place has many good eating places and watering holes. Lunch is typically Italian and leisurely and is often the best time to blast near empty slopes in perfect conditions.

If you go self-catering . . . booze, fags and food are cheap (tax free) and at the end of the season sales there are some real kit bargains. wink

I love the place, it's nothing special on paper but it just has a feeling about it that is a bit less 'serious about skiing' and a bit more about 'holiday' . . . It's the only place I come back from and feel as though I've had a vacation and without destroying my liver.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We are staying in the San Giovanni. I was in Livigno in Jan 2003 and it was one of the best trips I've ever had. Good value, excellent snow, good places to eat and drink.

This time we are going on 23rd Feb.

Masque has pretty much summed up the place. The transfer is long, but worth it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnboy, The long transfer and lack of some more challenging runs is what put me off, but the duty free and atmosphere sounded good - I am sure you'll have a great time, and would be interested to see how you find it this time in terms of the skiing/pistes Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
IncogSkiSno,

I really wouldn't be put off by the transfer. The coaches stop for a full hour on the way to the resort, where you can get something to eat and drink. I think there is plenty of good skiing in this resort. I've racked up 15 + weeks and don't expect to be bored.

As for the duty free, drinks and food aren't any cheaper than the rest of Italy. But we were able to buy a bottle of Bushmills whiskey for £3.00 last time!!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
johnboy, I've been there three times & always enjoyed it.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I stayed at the San Giovanni last year, it was quite good, you'll like it. Plenty of free nibbles on the bar...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
we bought a bottle of Dom Perignon for the toast at our wedding in 1992 when we were there. v cheap, but the other guests had to make to with cheap(er) fizz Twisted Evil

it was only my 2nd week so can't really comment on the skiing but I do recall the food was very good
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Glad I booked it yesterday. Price has just gone up by £80.00.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nice one johnboy,

Agree with johnboy that i wouldn't be put off by the transfer, i was dreading it last year but it turned out grand as you stop in the middle and allow to time to get something to eat.
Find the variety of slopes grand, but no really steep ones, but plenty there to keep most people happy. Up high good wide open slopes and down low some nice tree lined slopes.
On the Mottolino side last March there was a kind of Natural half pipe we had great craic on it.

flexrip,
Nice one, where abouts in Ireland are you from, flying from Belfast or Dublin?
I'm just going with a tour op, I want to enjoy the holiday too, so in case anything goes wrong and with the big numbers I don't want 25 other people looking at me to sort it out.
Been looking with Panorama and Directski, think will probably end up booking with Directski.
snow report
MhicEasmuint

We are going from Dublin.
By the sound of it we need to book quick.
We where looking at Topflight and panorama but my sister knows a manager of a budget travel shop so that always gives us a bit of an advantage.
We ended up going with concorde last year. Good value, but I cant recall even seeing the rep after we got to the airport.
There is a big gang of us going, and at first glance , a lot of the hotels, chalets etc.. available are small. So I think we will be booking at the latest next weekend.
ski holidays
flexrip,

Mine pretty much booked now, just to start and get the deposits gathered up from everyone. I had asked speciafically for a couple of apartments that friends had stayed in before and rated them highly but I was informed they were already full, or not able to accommodate out large group.
We will probably be in the Nevegall Chalets.
snow report
johnboy, Thanks for that. My bezza mate and his family had given up the thought of half term this year. Non of our holidays coincide and prices were high. They were also after somewhere where the slopes were quietish. They have just booked with Panorama ex manchester, self catered 4 star appt. £250 !!!!!!!!!!

Just looked and its gone up £30. He is jumping with joy.
ski holidays
I loved Livigno - food on the mountain was very good as I recall and plenty of choice of bars etc to go to at night. Lots of skiing too and opportunity to go San Moritz as well.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman,

I am still trying to persuade a few friends to come. Since we booked it has gone up by another £40.00 per person. Which is not making it any easier to persuade them as time goes on. Its still a good deal though. Your mate should love Livigo. It's a real intermediate resort. Lots of cruisy blues and reds.
Mrs johnboy,

We are deffo going to St Moritz this year Very Happy
snow report
johnboy, If there's a last-minute deal at that time I'll give you a wave as I slide past wink
latest report
Masque,

You will find me at the hotel bar from the hours of 4pm - 1am

Just got 4 more mates to book Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
we are regulars in livvy....been there 2-3 times a season for the last 5 years....all organised and booked without tour ops alone and with groups and so much cheaper...we have never had any trouble getting an apartment at any time of the year and bearing in mind we have kids its usually in school holiday times we go....over the years we have made many friends and contacts in the resort so if anyone needs any help give me a shout and i will happily point you in the right direction (i am not on commision by the way....i just love the place).....we now go over in our motorhome for the longer holidays although we do still have the odd weekend in an apartment....we will be there in the motorhome for virtually all of february and can't wait

hannah
snow conditions
hannah34,

Hello,

I wanted to take you up on your offer of help!! To pick your brains on Livigno - if you don't mind! How easy is it to sort out ski lessons/hire etc? Also do you know how much the life pass is.

There are just two of us going - I have been skiing a few times but it's my friend's first time so would need lessons. I would like to join a group too.

Sorry to bombard you with questions!

Thanks!
ski holidays
Hotfeet215 wrote:
hannah34,
Also do you know how much the life pass is.

Lift pass costs can be found on the Livigno Ski Pass website. Download the pdf document int he middle of the page.

http://www.skipasslivigno.com/index_e.php
snow report
Hotfeet215, Welcome to Snowheads snowHead
snow conditions
Hotfeet215, It's a really good resort - plenty of bars, mountain restuarants etc. I went to ski school the last time I was there - very good instruction.

Also duty free alcohol is very cheap!

Hope you have a great time.
snow report
Thanks to all - hello Frosty!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi guys,

what's the best way to transfer to Livigno, i.e .from which airport and bus/train or car hire? Also, does anyone have a good website for train or bus time tables from Milan to Cervinia.

Many thanks.
ski holidays
MhicEasmuint

We are all booked up as well. I think the final number was 18.
We got the last 9 rooms of the Garni Ganea Hotel. It worked out well.
Its in San Rocco beside the Carasello Lift. I here thats where the best skiing is in the morning.
And for once im not looking after organising the holiday which makes it a lot more relaxing.
Just have to wait for the weeks to roll by now!
snow report
flexrip,
happy days, just posted off our deposits last week, 26 of us goin, 24 of them lads so quite a possibility might run into you's, maybe some afternoon in the Tea Bork i think it's called. The Bar at the top of the black slope above the carasello lift.
Yep countin the weeks already.
ski holidays
See ye there then.
There are a few couples going with us but the rest of us are lads too.
Lets hope there are big gangs of women planning the same trip.
Talk to ye soon,
Brian.
snow conditions
Quote:

Lets hope there are big gangs of women planning the same trip.

Hoping here too!!!! lol
ski holidays
Thinking of doing the day trip to St Moritz this year. Anyone been?
latest report
hi hotfeet
sorry not replied sooner been moving house!!!!! the ski schools are very easy to book....i would recommend topclub as this is on the mottolino side...they usually start about 10 so it gives you an hour to loosen up and finish about 12 just in time for lunch....the other ski school start early in the morning at 9 which in my opinion is a little early to go into as there is no time to gear yourself up. we have used both schools and found top club better organised and nicer instructors who enjoy their jobs
http://www.livignotopclub.it/
http://www.mottolino.com/eng/index.php

any idea where your staying yet?
snow conditions
we have also just booked an apartment for a change with cheap flights for the first week of december for my birthday so fingers crossed the snow comes....we went about 3 years ago at the same time and the snow was pretty good.....they should be making it by then anyway...am sooooo excited!!!!
hannah
ski holidays
Thanks Johnboy....

Have booked my lessons just about to book a package with same guys as you for Xmas... Very Happy
snow conditions
Bump.

Anyone else heading out 23rd Feb?
latest report
the snow has just started falling in livvy and heavy snow forecast all weekend.....looks like we may be ok for the first week in december Very Happy
snow conditions
Yeah looking good, I got an email alert yesterday for Livigno, 40cms expected in the next few days.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy