Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

les 2 alpes pistes

Poster: A snowHead
easiski, true Very Happy but much better learning at Cretes for boarders imho. I will be at PSB so I will force myself to go on the drags, only been on one drag so far and that was at St Anton coming down from the highest lift station, never noticed there was no other option Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

he glacier blues are a pig to get to for novice boarders

Are they? Why? I never found it so.

Quote:

the train (which is accessed from a tricky run

Really? Which way have you been going? Shocked

Quote:

For people on skis it's not a problem

Can't say I've found it a problem on a board either - I've only had to walk it when someone has got in my way at the start. Generally get round this by legging it up the stairs from the train and getting out first.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lizzard, r u a novice boarder?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rayscoops, not any more. Cool However, I am referring back to a time when I was - it was quite recent.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
when you actually get to the glacier, the choice is a rammed funicular or a drag lift, I can not think of anything worse to be faced with in the first few days of boarding. and you also have to get back down to the resort either by risking the long flats or by bottling it and taking the lifts wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rayscoops, there are occasions when taking the lifts is not a bad option for a skier IMV, at congested times.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
achilles, too true, the odd sneaky lift is fine and I tend to take them instead of fighting it out with the hoardes (especially in Verbier), but at L2A as a new boarder, once you pass the midstation, you have no realistic alternative but to eventually follow the long (400 meters) flat section, which is not what a newbie wants, believe me Very Happy . Can not see the point of riding lifts all the way to the a glacier and riding them all the way back down just to get to a small blue run at the top
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rayscoops, that could be me in 10 days.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
achilles, this need for snow in the summer makes us do silly things snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

you have no realistic alternative but to eventually follow the long (400 meters) flat section, which is not what a newbie wants,

What doesn't kill you makes you strong. You can't spend your entire boarding career avoiding the flat bits so you might as well get to grips with them from the start. Besides, if you really want to chicken out you can drop off down the blue bit half way along and get the chair back up to Cretes.

Quote:

Can not see the point of riding lifts all the way to the a glacier and riding them all the way back down just to get to a small blue run at the top

What are you going on about? There are acres of blue run all the way back down to the eight-man chair below Toura - these are the ones I was on about, not the one off the top of the glacier. Not to mention the Signal, when I think about it.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

letitsnow, It is my experience that the majority of people who come here are nice, ordinary people. (You are now implying that only bottom of the barrel skiers come here.) Neither one extreme not the other. You are also implying that less well-off people shouldn't be skiing. That is really offensive. Lots of people are not well off, and I see no reason either why they should not go skiing, or why they shouldn't know how to behave well. You can't help being nasty can you? Do you go by another name on this forum by any chance???? Even if new, it should be clear that the heading marked "Resorts" is where you write/ask about resorts. The heading "chalets and apartments" is where you write/ask about that!

Easiski, neither do i go by another name or are implying that "bottom of the barrel" skiers go to 2 alpes. Purely stating what i said that 2 alpes has guaranteed snow, is more affordable than such resorts as val d'isere etc. How can you possibly be offended by these clear facts?? amazing!!! I'm sure that if it were not me you would be in total agreement with what i had to say. I have been a member for only 1 week and feel so unwelcome by the established folks, particularly yourself. If complimenting the resort is treated as offensive then i am on a no-winner with you.

I am far from a wealthy skier and know what value for money is within a resort and save all year for my fortnights skiing, hence when i found L2A below par for it's stature and size i thought i had the right to comment, clearly this is not the case.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
letitsnow, As I said before, you touched a raw nerve for reasons you probaly know nothing about. Please don't get the wrong idea. We are friendly and welcoming really!

Let's change the subject eh?

snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

letitsnow, As I said before, you touched a raw nerve for reasons you probaly know nothing about. Please don't get the wrong idea. We are friendly and welcoming really!

Let's change the subject eh?

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I just struggle with positives being turned into negatives but i think your advice is wise to move away from this subject.

Cheers!!!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski wrote:

letitsnow, It is my experience that the majority of people who come here are nice, ordinary people. (You are now implying that only bottom of the barrel skiers come here.) Neither one extreme not the other. You are also implying that less well-off people shouldn't be skiing. That is really offensive.

How on earth you can read
Quote:
To put the record straight i also realise that 2 alpes has contributed alot to skiing "democratising" our beloved sport, allowing the masses to experience affordale, high altitude, snow sure skiing.

as "implying that less well-off people shouldn't be skiing", I just do not understand.

He was actually saying the exact opposite of that, since it was quite obvious he saw this as a good point.

And nor did it imply that only less well off people come there, execpt to somebody super-sensitive to any perceived slight.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
alex_heney, I think it was the quotes around "democratising", but I agree that I took the comment to postive. maybe easiski has had a bad day Sad

letitsnow, another welcome. I was a newbie earlier this year and within a week had signed up for the EoSB with 80 other snowHead s - it was fantastic. everyone was really welcoming (including easiski).

keep posting, and hope to see you on a bash Very Happy
ski holidays
letitsnow, welcome! Sorry things got off on the wrong foot, but misunderstandings - and I'm sure this was a genuine misunderstanding on easiski's part - seem to spring out of nowhere in this environment; luckily they blow over pretty quickly too. I think it's people's sheer enthusiasm for the snow, for their favourite resorts, for their favourite instructors, for their favourite food, their favourite anything at all, really, that sometimes gets the better of them and makes them unaccepting of criticism; it's not ill meant. With a very few exceptions, snowHeads are indeed friendly and helpful, and none more so than easiski. I'm sure it's no coincidence that people from here keep pottering off to see her, winter and summer, and so look forward to her instruction on snowHead bashes.

Hope you find some fun on here, I certainly have in the few months that I have been a snowHead. And it is an unparalleled (excuse the pun) source of useful information. Do stick around.
snow conditions
letitsnow, You got off lightly. Try critiscising La Rosiere and then you'll see what a proper kicking is Laughing (apologies for in-joke to the newbs)
snow report
If there had been no quotes around the word democratising the post would have read positive, but bearing in mind all the previous posts, the inclusion of the quotes changed the meaning from positive to sarcastic in my reading. Also, don't forget that the first post was on my chalets thread, and therefore appeared to have an underlying motive. therefore I have read all other posts in this light.
snow report
Lizzard, you had previoulsy said in another thread said the glacier was good for learning, that is what I was commenting on. The runs immediately from the glacier are not appropriate for learning either, they start too steep, the middle bits are flat (and I have seen many a new boarder nearly kill themselves trying to get enough speed up to ride them out), the end of the runs to the midstation are too steep for learners too, and they finsh at a level below the main chair lifts at the lift station, which then requires a walk up hill or being pulled by a tow rope, or you can carry on through a tunnel where eventually you have to take the narrow flat run that has been cut along the edge of the mountain and has a big drop to one side with no protective barrier, you can drop down of this run, but I recall that run being a red, shaded and icy, the blue part of it is quite a way along the flat run to Cretes and hardly wortht it as a means to avoid the flat run

All boarders have to master flat narrow runs but at L2A there are no alterative appropriate routes for a learner to avoid the one back to Cretes

L2A is rubbish for learning to snowboard, fact. In the same way I would not recommend St Anton as a learning place, I would not also recommend L2A. i like the resort and it is ok for boarding if you have a few weeks experience under your belt and L2A is good for snowboarding after about 20 days experience.

Just getting a balanced and unbiased opinion out here wink
snow conditions
rayscoops, we're going to have to agree to differ here, since having learned to board at 2Alpes myself I still say all of the above is a load of old rubbish.
snow conditions
Quote:

If there had been no quotes around the word democratising the post would have read positive, but bearing in mind all the previous posts, the inclusion of the quotes changed the meaning from positive to sarcastic in my reading. Also, don't forget that the first post was on my chalets thread, and therefore appeared to have an underlying motive. therefore I have read all other posts in this light

No sarcasm ever intended, just a note on what a positive impact l2a in particular has probably had on the ski industry.

I can only do what is decent and once again apologise for me not being clear enough in what i am stating.
latest report
letitsnow, I feel so sorry for you! The inexactities and lack of nuance on the web make this kind of thing happen. It is so easy to put someone's back up without any intent to do so. Can I suggest you introduce yourself via the skier profiles in Apres and then we can start to build some trust round here again please!

snowHead
snow report
Lizzard, agreed Very Happy
snow report
Dome(glacier red) & Diable(black when u come off the diable bubble and ski down right to the Diable chair which u take up to the run)
sorry0i meant they are some of the best runs but 4got to say it
latest report
CREVASSE _07, I did wonder what you meant. I know I love the Dome for bringing peeps onto a steepish piste for the first time. It gets steeper nice and gently, and then when it's at it's steepest they can see where it shelves out again. I find it gives them loads of confidence to try other reds (carefully hand-picked of course!) I think the Diable where you're describing it is actually the Petit Diable (which is black on one side and red on the other). Do you mean the horrid old orange 2 man? Lovely run, beastly lift. Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy