Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

insurance 4 carhire?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone have one of these excess cover annual policies?

The description on the website seems a bit vague but does it cover everything that the car hire companies like to scare you into buying cover for at an extortionate daily rate e.g. punctures, windows, bumper scratches, underside of car damage or is it limited to paying you back the excess in the event of an accident such as would be covered under a "normal" Uk policy? I've taken the additional Holiday auto top-up cover before as its not too extortionate but it doesn't provide total cover and wondered whether this is a sensible alternative or effectively the same thing?

Any other similar products out there?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob, I have it too, but I can't tell you whether it pays up or not .... saved me enough in excesses over last couple of years though rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My credit card covers me, as long as the car hire was booked using the card. I had to make a claim this year because the windscreen of our hire car cracked whilst driving back to GVA. Very efficient, I paid the XS charge and the insurance company paid me out a week later. Have a look at the small print of your card perhaps?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BGA, which card do you have?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mine's a NatWest Black, and a friend of mine has a similar thing with his Lloyds TSB platinum card
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have their excess insurance policy, for about three years now. Makes car hire at Geneva or Lyon a bit cheaper. I've claimed on it once, for a slight parking dink in the drivers door when some must have opened their door into mine. The claim was paid fully without any delays.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
fatbob, I have one but haven't had to claim on it. Saved me quite a bit compared to paying the excesses.

Their small print says:

"This being as a result of damage (including damage to windows and tyres, the undercarriage and the roof), fire, vandalism, theft or loss of use of the rental vehicle issued for business or pleasure when such vehicle is rented and operated from a Licensed Rental Agency and the Insured Person(s) being held responsible, as declared in the car rental contract, for the excess, to which the insured would normally be liable."

Which seems fairly complete to me.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fatbob, I too have had a policy for two years now, but fortunately have not needed to claim on it yet. Nice to know they have paid claims efficiently for other clients without problem.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I purchased it the once. When I read the small print I was surprised to see that the claims handling company was one which had received lots of bad press in the UK. If only I could remember their name. That's yet another brain cell shrivelled and died!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have now remembered the company's name. It's Strategic Claims Management. They were slammed by the press and in online articles a couple of years ago for poor service in various claims matters.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy