Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Parsenn Area

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone tell me how snow-sure this is likely to be in January and whether the Saas Skischool in Klosters is any good? Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hurtle,
My own rather unreliable guesstimate of the snow reliability from looking at snow repoerts down the years reading in the papers where is meant to get more snow and speaking to local guides and folk who have visited the place is that Davos/Klosters is a pretty snow sure spot. At least up high in the Parsenn area. Getting back down to the resorts the snow is a bit less reliable runs back to Davos are steepish and get scraped and runs to Klosters are low. Whwen I last went they had snow cannons for Klosters but not as far as I remember to Davos.
Great area no idea about the ski school.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
T Bar, thank you!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would also endorse the Parsenn area. I think a lot of off piste skiers would put the Parsenn in their European top ten and maybe top six, which I think gives a good indication of snow reliability.

If you are going in January I thoroughly recommend going the same week that the World Economic Forum takes place in Davos. The whole show takes over thousands of hotel rooms meaning that the slopes are very quiet, although like me you may have to get used to soldiers standing at the top of the cable car stations carrying sub machine guns.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
richjp,
Quote:

you may have to get used to soldiers standing at the top of the cable car stations carrying sub machine guns.

Shocked
Thanks, though, for the post.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hurtle, The whole area is reasonably snow sure, I have been going to Davos for about 10 years and I think it is one of the best all round resorts. Don't belive the tales of it being prohibitively expensive (unless you are a party animal) I always feel you get good value for money. Great transport system, trains and buses run on time and are hasle free. Saas skischool is in Saas Smile but they have several good guides who work for them and they frequently meet up in Klosters. Offpiste is brilliant, but keep it quiet. I'll be there mid Feb. for 3 weeks. If you are there over the WEF the slopes are empty. Just shout if you need more info.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dypcdiver, Brilliant. Thanks so much, am now on the point of booking, I hope. (I have been to the area before and loved it, but am aiming to make my first forays off piste this time.)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hurtle, Where you planning on staying?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dypcdiver, Sunstar Albeina in Klosters. Decision not in my hands, so I hope it's OK. I've only ever stayed in Davos before, not Klosters. I've stayed in Sunstar hotels in both Davos and Wengen, and they were fine. Here's hoping.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I don't know the Albeina, but also know both the Sunstars in Davos. I only asked because there is some simple offpiste in Rinerhorn, but it takes about an hour from Klosters on the train, great place if it is poor vis though, skiing down amongst the trees.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy