Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer in Wengen area

Poster: A snowHead
Wewere planning on doing that this year but it didnt happen for various reasons. However, next summer we are planning a couple of weeks - where is the best place to stay ? What to do ? Where to go etc ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ask Liz B Laughing But the last time she went it snowed Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wengen is nice in the summer. Wilderswil is also a good place to use as a base, as it is near to Interlaken, but a bit cheaper than staying in the town centre.

What to do? Wow, where to start. There are two different rail passes they you can buy - one covers 6 days on the Jungfrau railways/buses, the other covers 6 days in the Bernese Oberland. Jungfraujoch is a good day out, if the weather is nice. Schinegge Platte is also nice. There are 100s of walks that you can do in the area. Boat on lake Thun, boat on Lake Brienz, trip to Meiringen, day in lucern/berne - flip, narrow it down a bit!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Smokin Joe, drink the local Rugenbrau beer which tastes better the higher the altitude it is drunk at
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
don't bother coming, you'll die of boredom. I know I am. Go to Zermatt instead.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stab wrote:
don't bother coming, you'll die of boredom. I know I am. Go to Zermatt instead.

Smokin Joe Don't listen to Mr Grumpy wink
Some years back I did a motoring tour, and stayed in Wilderswil as Elizabeth B suggests. It is a convenient base (and also a pretty village), and the hotels are cheaper than they would be in Interlaken. If you haven't got a car with you that's no problem, since the Swiss rail sytem is so good Very Happy .
I think the Swiss Pass which you can buy in the UK covers both rail and ferry services, otherwise I think the regional rail pass may include ferry discounts.
If you take a boat trip from Interlaken down Lake Brienz, you can then go on the Rothornbahn, Switzerland's oldest steam cog railway.
Meiringen (where the Meringue was invented Madeye-Smiley ) is also near the Reichenbach Falls, where Sherlock Holmes had the final showdown with his arch enemy, Prof Moriarty Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
great, walking, sherlock f-ing holmes, a knackered old train and meringue, where do I sign up for that? Very Happy

I'll repeat, go to Zermatt, or Saas Fee. I live in Wengen and I go to Zermatt, says it all really. Summer here is like watching paint dry, only less exciting.

Can anyone tell I didn't get a break from the winter season to summer season yet? Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Smokin Joe, I went once and stayed in Lauterbrunnen (camping). It was very beautiful. It's important to go when the flowers are out though - last 2 weeks of June or 1st week of July probably - no later. They are truly spectacular. Very Happy I take it you're not expecting to ski.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stab, Stop it!!!!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hurtle, just telling it like it is Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stab, wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
easiski, no - we are not expecting to ski.

We just want a relaxing hol with some walking, trains, beer, etc all - in.

stab, we will take a look at Zermatt - honest.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Smokin Joe,
Quote:

we will take a look at Zermatt - honest.

Do, and bear in mind you could add in a few days skiing there as well, as the glacier (which IIRC is the biggest summer ski area in Europe) is open year round. The Village is fantastic, and go the right places the nightlife can be like "gannin' doon the quayside" Wink

I may be slightly biased tho as Zermatt is my favourite place, anywhere!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I will keep a wide berth if its like the Quayside - full of tourists paying over inflated prices for pish poor drinks.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wengen and the surrounding area is beautiful in the summer. Been there a good few times and always enjoyed it.
snow report
Smokin Joe, it's nothing like it Wink The place is bouncing in the winter. Not been in the summer, but our kid said it's even better Wink
snow conditions
Smokin Joe, plenty of things to do in & around JR,its a lovely place but we found a week plenty !
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy