Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet Self-Check in

Poster: A snowHead
Not sure if this is in the correct forum but couldn't see anywhere better for it.

I've just booked some flights for next season so will have to use the self check-in machines at GVA, no problem with that: used them twice now and think they're quite good. However, the card I used to majke the bookings expires before the date of travel, will I still be able to use it to check in or do I need to take something else like the booking reference instead? It would be easier to carry the card around rather than printing (and loosing) the confirmation email but I don't partculary want to get stranded in GVA if it doesn't work!

Cheers.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Swirly, Booking reference is required if you do not have the original card for the self check machines.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman, I'll have the card only it will have expired.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Swirly, card should be ok, it just links the booking to the checkin to make sure you have not been doppleganged Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, duhhhh Embarassed
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Excellent
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Frosty the Snowman, you don't actually need the booking ref either if you know your own name and address wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brian, At the EoSB this year there had been a problem with my pass and I had to collect from the lift pass office. Admin had arranged this but using my own name brought but a Gallic shrug. I then tried "ev you eh leeeft pass for eh Frosty le Snowman?" Much mirth from the staff saw my pass handed over...I wish i had had a booking reference number Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another small tip regarding the Geneva self-check in machines: it prints off your luggage labels which you are supposed to put on your luggage to be checked in. In this system, you don't seem to get a receipt of your luggage label tag the way you would when checking in manually, when the Easyjet staff normally stick the label tag on the back of your boarding card.

When flying back from Genava recently after some Zermatt summer skiing, our luggage got lost. To reclaim it and to make a travel insurance claim, it turns out we needed the luggage tag numbers. Luckily, our bags arrived the next day, but I dread to think the loops our insurance might have us jump through to prove that we actually checked this luggage in....

In other words, when flying from Geneva, I will be making a note of the luggage tag number from now on, for eventualities like the above!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skibomb, isn't there a little tag for this at the end of the printed out luggage tag that you take off and keep?
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Frosty the Snowman, luckily easy don't have the same urge to humiliate snowmen. There's an option on the machine to enter your name and postcode and it finds the booking and lets you check in. I used it a couple of weeks ago when I found I hadn't brought my expired credit card and couldn't be bothered digging through bags looking for the bit of paper with the booking ref.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
FenlandSkier, Maybe there is - I never noticed. Certainly will be keeping an eye on it in the future Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I prefer the self check-in desks myself but for some reason they've taken them out of East Midlands.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh I had a problem like this with Eurostar last season - Whitenoise lost a ticket I'd bought for him on my card but not only had my card expired and been replaced but the replacement was itself suspended as a result of fraudulent activity on it!
I was most nervous turning up at Waterloo to sort it out - fortunately the lady at the counter was somewhat coquettish and surprisingly susceptible to Whitnoise's charms: she issued a replacement in the flutter of an eyelash.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skibomb, useful point, thanks. It had never occurred to me to make a note of the numbers or think about tear-off bits.
ski holidays
Reminds me of a sheer terror situtation this winter. Did our first DIY through Geneva with a 10.30am flight back on Sunday morning. My brother lives 5 minutes from Geneva airport and we went and stayed with him on the Saturday night. He said that he travels through the airport all the time and we would need to give it 50 minutes to get through check in and get to our flight Sunday morning. Who were we to argue. He dropped us outside at 9.35 for our 10.30am flight. We walked through the doors to see 5000 skiers Shock Shock Shock Shock Shock queuing for flights. We sh*t ourselves and thought yes you right businessman brother you only fly Monday to Friday business class you ass.

Anyway some kind man saw our panic and told us a trick. If you go and use the self check in and get the luggage labels they can't let the flight go without you. True enough with about 15 minutes to spare they opened a seperate desk for bristol flight as we offically booked on. So there are some advantages. Very Happy Very Happy Next March going to be in airport form 6am. To young to have heart attack.
latest report
admin wrote:

I was most nervous turning up at Waterloo to sort it out - fortunately the lady at the counter was somewhat coquettish and surprisingly susceptible to Whitenoise's charms: she issued a replacement in the flutter of an eyelash.

Imagine my surprise - Mr Luvva luvva ! Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy