Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booking Hotels online

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This evening I tried in vain make to book online at a few hotels in Austria. However every one said that there was no availabilty in that time (ie Jan to March 2008). Is this a reflection of them being booked up already or is it far too early.

Any advice or assistance please.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
killian wrote:
This evening I tried in vain make to book online at a few hotels in Austria. However every one said that there was no availabilty in that time (ie Jan to March 2008). Is this a reflection of them being booked up already or is it far too early.

Any advice or assistance please.

Potentially but nothing like getting on the phone to double check. I go to North Wales on business. There is a lovely hotel I like to stay in. According to thier on line booking system they have been full for the last 3 years. Everytime I phone I get a room. I have politely tried to explain that people coming from abroad are not likely to phone. They say they know there is an issue but have done nothing about it. 'E' business gone mad.

Potentially these places are full but worth a call. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
killian,

I always use e-mail... far easier to get a proper answer and you can talk to the person who replies by phone to confirm if nned be

And if the example that gwaelod shows is in anyway typical for small family type hotels, how are you going to trust their booking system ?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 3-08-07 13:58; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Speaking as a Hotelier ALWAYS phone the hotel!
no matter what size or ownership wink

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 3-08-07 8:24; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lets name and shame

http://www.ruthincastle.co.uk

Go to their on line booking system and see if you can get a room. I have told them for 2 + years now it does not work. Can they be bothered diasbling it and saying phone us? How not to run a business.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Things are looking up. Two of the hotels I rang DO have availability. Thanks guys.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
killian wrote:
Things are looking up. Two of the hotels I rang DO have availability. Thanks guys.

Great news but makes a mockery of 'e' business. Mad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boredsurfin, Does it get you a better room/a better rate for a room? Have spent a few nights in online booked hotels this year - some have been good, but the one in France ended up with us on the 5th floor with heavy bags and no lift - my fault I didn't research the lift/number of floors. Was a small cheap overnight stop but I did wonder. On the other hand approaching unknown Parisien hoteliers on the phone with my limited French has me diving for the internet everytime Shocked
Killian sometimes I've found availability via some booking sites that isn't on others or the hotels own site - hows that for confusing rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Late starter,
Quote:

Does it get you a better room/a better rate for a room?

No and No!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin, It can do .... as you well know ! Hotels.com ( and others) made their name ( and a few folks rich) using the consolidator / merchandiser model online and in many cases controlled the price/ inventories! ( and why Late starter, you can sometimes ( but quite rarely) find online availability) ...

I'm sure you would agree that many hoteliers are yet to adopt PMS technology , let alone real-time pricing and inventory systems ...!!

... but yes agree always phone the hotel ... just in case ! snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Agenterre, We are talking Hotels here not corporate bed factorys Very Happy wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy