Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any boarders going to PSB, MSB, EoSB

Poster: A snowHead
any boarders have plans to attend any of the above snowHead bashes?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Definately going to the EoSB again.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rayscoops, MSB definitely had this year (and will have next year). They are however pixies and use skateboards ( minus the wheels ) Shocked

I suspect may be along soon to identify themselves wink This excludes Stab who is not a Pixie but frequently with the fairies (allegedly) due to his smoking habits Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If the snow is any good I'll be out and about at 2Alpes over the Mondial, but probably only for a day, as I assume I will be skint as usual.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rayscoops, The lovely Jojo perhaps. Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rayscoops, have been thinking about the PSB but going earier to catch the mondial. Seriuosly needing a snowfix. But if not that then maybe one of the others
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
debbi, rayscoops, There are still some boarders in L2A at the time of the PSB, and the snowpark is simply the best of its kind. Masque is a boarder but dont know his plans as he bats for both sides Shocked wink Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
debbi, PSB for me, but i would have liked to have gone to the mondial too but it was too much time. May go to the other bashes but depends on other hols, i need to get loads of boarding done this winter Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, oooer missus

The Summer park was up when we went to LDA in Jan and it is superb. Only concern is how much snow will there be to keep me interested. Will be watching the webcams avidly.

Have 5 days A/L left and its a toss up between a cheeky one this year (PSB) or save it for next year to get 3 weeks in the season (1x 2weeker and then either MSB or EoSB)

decisions decisions.....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman, i have never tried getting my sorry @rse off the ground yet on a board, but i may try a few kickers at PSB Very Happy

never seen so many double plankers in here wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rayscoops, The Mondial is over the weekend (27/28/29), depending on how many days you were planning you could catch a few days at both. wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rayscoops, really want to go to PSB (in fact, all of thm!) but as explained in the PSB thread, money and getting a pass out from the missus is looking extremely unlikely. Will keep you posted...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rayscoops, I only started getting kickers right this year (after watching a dvd about pressure points on the board) and have even messed around in the park and quarter pipe without embarrasing myself or stacking it!

And you know the "plankers" in here really just want to cross over to the darkside Twisted Evil
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Specialman, get the missus involved... thats the easiest way Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rayscoops, "double planker"- Euphemism? Very Happy

debbi, IMHO the PSB is for folks that fancy a break and can't wait until mid December. The town is pleasant and the sliding fun. Also the chance to get some top quality lessons on excellent tuition suited terrain. Another attraction is people watching - The pro dudes in the park, or the racers training on the pistes. Both are awesome.

Another added attraction was helicopters buzzing around; some to film the dudes but mainly evacuating them from the hill when they brke something Shocked . I heard that 11 were flown off on the Saturday we were there.
ski holidays
debbi, she boards too, but is a bit reluctant to go because:

A) we can't afford to spend money that we need for renovations on the house

B) she's a bit shy with new people and thinks that she'll not enjoy it

c) she reckons she's better than me, although secretly, she knows I'll kick here @rse!!

D) she'll throttle me if we spend a half a week together - the joy of relationships!! Toofy Grin

I really want to go so will persevere with it...
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Cool ! I went in one of the Rescue helicopters in Mar, took of from the edge of Les Cretes - was cr@pping my pants Laughing

I'm torn between a) need snow now but go back to a resort I've visted 3 times & limited to the glacier or b) wait and spend 3 weeks in resorts new to me with (hopefully) a whole mountain to explore
latest report
Specialman, I think A) is the only real concern.

A very sociable crew booked up so far, and i have heard a rumour that more girlies may well be booking.
latest report
Specialman,
a) we are doing our house up too but f*ck it have some fun !!! lifes to short to put wallpaper and curtains first over enjoying yourself. And tt can be done on a budget if you shop around
b) I'm a bit shy too with new people but I'm not gonna let that stop me board and everyone has days when it ain't going right and they don't enjoy it as much (alcohol normally a factor)
c) I introduced my OH to boarding, and unfortunately he now whips my butt (d@mn him I wanted to be the better one!)
d) We went on our own for the 1st time in March and thought we would kill each other but we actually had a wicked time and met another couple who were in the same situation.

or ...

e) If you just wanna go on your own then you better get to one of the PSB,MSB,EoSB events to hook up with some new boarding buddies snowHead

NO EXCUSES LEFT!
ski holidays
debbi, that's me told then!! Very Happy Very Happy

Will buy her some flowers tonight, cook her some good grub, give her a massage and then go in for the kill!! Toofy Grin
latest report
Specialman, you know it's worth it wink
snow report
Specialman wrote:
debbi, that's me told then!! Very Happy Very Happy

Will buy her some flowers tonight, cook her some good grub, give her a massage and then.....

.....she'll know you're after something Toofy Grin
snow conditions
FenlandSkier, she might as well milk it even if she does suspect Twisted Evil
latest report
debbi wrote:
FenlandSkier, she might as well milk it even if she does suspect Twisted Evil
Shocked Shocked Shocked and on a family forum Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Embarassed never thought of the implications of that sentence !
snow report
ooerr!! Shocked
snow report
Agenterre, Here I am NehNeh

I shall be at the 08 MSB and also my daughter Very Happy

Sue G is not sure yet and won't know until later in the year.

Last MSB there were only 2 of us boarding and then Stab appeared making 3.

Please, please can we have some more boarders next year? Very Happy
ski holidays
I'll be about but the sad thing is I'm working this winter so less time loafing around the mountain, but I'm determined to ride harder on the days I do get up the mountain rather than riding everyday and having some days doing nothing of any interest at all. I guess the doctor and the physio will be happy about that.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stab, ever heard of pulling a sickie Twisted Evil
snow report
Dobz, I'll be at the MSB and if there's steep and deep to play in, the plankers can be suitably ashamed of themselves for boogering up the powder Evil or Very Mad I've three goals this season and one is to get my piste skiing up to warp-speed without killing me or anyone else, 2, get back into the park on my board (size of butt dependent), and 3, get at least 2 true bluebird powderdays and fresh-tracks on the board
latest report
Masque, 1 & 2 are achievable 3) well... only Mother nature can help you with that one
snow report
3 is achievable, march/early april is always big dump season. I'd be more worried about coming december/january.
ski holidays
Masque, Excellent. I shall be watching you to hopefully pick up a few tips to improve my boarding (that is if I haven't been mown down by a certain skier who resides in France wink )

Specialman, Please tell Mrs Specialman from me that she will have a fantastic time. I'm also a bit shy around new people but last MSB I went on my own. I can honestly say that I have never been more welcomed by a group of total strangers in my life before. It was brilliant.
snow report
Masque, check out the stab route back down to Wengen

http://youtube.com/v/FCJ48WA1egY
latest report
Dobz, she's thinking about it. On the proviso that we can save up enough dosh by the end of September to finish off some stuff around the house and that I buy her something good each and every time I got to Xscape at MK... it's looking good!! Smile
ski holidays
Smokin Joe, If his sense of direction is that bad that he needs to follow the railway home we're both screwed rolling eyes

Dobz, crap! I'd better hit the fridge for some more practice . . . rusty doesn't come close Confused
latest report
Dobz wrote:

Specialman, Please tell Mrs Specialman from me that she will have a fantastic time. I'm also a bit shy around new people but last MSB I went on my own. I can honestly say that I have never been more welcomed by a group of total strangers in my life before. It was brilliant.

What a great testimonial to snowHead s. In spite of the occasional forum argument wink , in reality we are nice Madeye-Smiley
Even us two plankers get on well with you shredders Toofy Grin
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
Dobz wrote:

What a great testimonial to snowHead s. In spite of the occasional forum argument wink , in reality we are nice Madeye-Smiley

Yes - the scraps thrown to us from the dinner table were quite tasty wink
latest report
Dobz wrote:
Alastair Pink wrote:
Dobz wrote:

Yes - the scraps thrown to us from the dinner table were quite tasty wink
Although the waiters did get a bit annoyed about you sitting in the middle of their walkway Wink
snow conditions
admin, Laughing

A seriously good holiday though Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy