Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skiing in scotland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
is it any good??!?
snow conditions
 brian
brian
nick0861, yes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
brian, really? Has it stopped doing that thick fog and horizontal sleet thing?
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Lizzard, NehNeh

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nick0861,
It can be good on some days but not on others the trick is to go when it is good Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nick0861,

It can be absolutely brilliant, it can be "interesting" it can be absolutley awfull. It can even be all three on the same day Smile.

Have a look at www.winterhighland.info there are some good threads and some really good pictures.

Evan last year, which was a bit of a poor snow year, I had some great skiing. Brilliant day out in April skiing over to Ben Macdui and back. Blue skies, warm and some brilliant spring snow which never turned soft and porridgy even by the end of the day.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nick0861, I echo the sentiments above. I love skiing in Scotland - bit far for me to go nowadays though! Shocked You can't plan all that far ahead though, you need to nip onto that motorway when you hear it's good and get up there for a weekend. Very Happy 5 areas to choose from, but the most accessible are likely to be Cairngorm, Nevis Range and Glencoe
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski wrote:
nick0861, I echo the sentiments above. I love skiing in Scotland - bit far for me to go nowadays though! Shocked You can't plan all that far ahead though, you need to nip onto that motorway when you hear it's good and get up there for a weekend. Very Happy 5 areas to choose from, but the most accessible are likely to be Cairngorm, Nevis Range and Glencoe

cheers all - i live in south wales so it would have to be pretty good to warrant a slog all the way up there!
snow report
 brian
brian
nick0861, the key is short notice planning. If you can drop everything and get up at a day or 2's notice then it can be brilliant. Good weather doesn't normally last very long in the Highlands though and can't really be predicted with any certainty more than a few days out.

If conditions are good, it can be a match for anywhere, unless you're an "I must have xxx km before I'll set plank there" type.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
brian wrote:
nick0861, the key is short notice planning. If you can drop everything and get up at a day or 2's notice then it can be brilliant. Good weather doesn't normally last very long in the Highlands though and can't really be predicted with any certainty more than a few days out.

If conditions are good, it can be a match for anywhere, unless you're an "I must have xxx km before I'll set plank there" type.

nah im more of a how many days decent skiing can i get type

its definatly worth considering though i think
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scotland is well worth a tick in the box.

Amazing views and reasonable skiing.

Pick a weekend in Mar or Apr, when it tends to be warmer, sunnier and snowier.

Glencoe and Nevis Range are the best two.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It can be rather good -

http://www.kite-fantastic.co.uk/community/gallery/albums/jdc/MOV03271.mpg

but difficult to plan ahead as mentioned.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
March and April may be best on average but as brian, says you can't predict; best day I have ever had was early december in Glencoe . You could ski all the way back to the Kingshouse.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Glenshee is pretty accesible as its located either side of the main road. If conditions are good there is some great skiing aswell. I was season ticket holder there for 5 years and have had some great skiing there. I'll be back if they get some good conditions as I'd love to ski the tiger in good conditions with some nice juicy moguls on it.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dave Horsley, the trouble is, that although accessible, the last couple of winters seem to have been fair to good at all other resorts and not so good at Glenshee. Perhaps I'm wrong? Just the impression I get from reading Snowheads and the odd look at Winterhighland.

nick0861, What are your rail links like? maybe you could go up by train? Late trip Fri night and back Sun night gives you 2 whole days' skiing. If you've got another driver or two then it's deffo worth driving. From South Wales you would need to get to the M5/M6 - probably about 6-7 hours depending on your car. Maybe other Snowheads in South Wales could join you??? snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 brian
brian
easiski, Glenshee had a very good late season in 2006 but wasn't much cop in 2007. It does best in weather coming from the East or North East of which there was practically none last winter.

Pics from March 06:

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some say you are not a Real Skier until you are able to say: I Skied In Aviemore Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy