Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

360 heli off a cliff - try it at home

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've seen some eye-stopping tricks in my time, but this one deserves our special attention. It's performed - superbly - by Anthony Boronowski for Freeze Magazine:

The approach.....The take-off.....The spin.....The grab.....Hold the grab.....Spot the landing.....Touch down.....Ski out

[Photos are by Elina Sirparanta]

Here's the feature in Freeze for the instructions. Try it at home, with parental consent (or grandparental consent if you think they'll stop you).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Superb shots David, the position at landing is critical of course!; or else some nasty injuries Sad It looks some of the snowboarding techniques are been incorporated in skiing as more snowboarders take to skis . A new skiing discipline is appearing and I would not be surprised if it was included in competition soon.

Helicopter turns, daffys, mule-kicks, etc is some of the terminology to describe the degrees of difficulty of the jump. Was that guy in the photo wearing a helmet? Absolutely necessary I think!

If you watch " freeze sports " on " extreme sports " cable channel 527 you'll a lot of this cross-over type - and not just for the glossy mags.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
360 degree turn - I think that the pitch of the landing is critical to not been injured. Too flat and whoosh! Too step and as bad.

Not on the same scale, its like these situations where you are schussing at the end of the day on a gentle blue run, your concentration lapses for a second and take a heavy fall or cross your skis. And it hurts as it happens of flat ground as opposed to rolling a a piste with some gradient.

PS - I don't intent to try this Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wow! And he makes it look so easy! How do you learn to do something like that? How many nasty falls before you get it right?
And isn't it against all I was taught: "face down the slope" at all times.
As for all that rotation - terrible techniqe. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah but doing it backwards is counter-rotation Jonpim NehNeh
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I offered my kids £20 for the first one to do a 360 helicopter, in the event it was the youngest aged about 11 at the time who won it. That was about 10 yrs ago and they just went out and practiced until they got it right, no one showed them how and we didn't have a helmet between us. I guess I'm just a rotten parent, encouraging competition and the chance to injure themselves. These days I'm the one more likely to be injured.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jonpim, Like all tricks, you start small and get bigger. Start on jumps you're really comfortable on and that aren't high (I've seen instructors 360 over a very small mound on a flat blue). You could even start without skiis and work up.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David@traxvax
Quote:
I offered my kids £20 for the first one to do a 360 helicopter

Calculated on a pro-rata rate of 18 degrees per £1, presumably. Certainly it's more interesting than paying them to wash the car.

Be careful about buying helicopters, by the way. Mark Thatcher will tell you all about it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy