Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva Flights booked (Jan 11 - Jan 14) - Car hire companions to resort needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
All

We are 2 people who have just booked flights from Manchester to Geneva for a weekend skiing.

Oubound flight arrives in Geneva at 9:50 am on Friday 11th January.
Return flight leaves Geneva at 10:20 am on Monday 14th January.

We will probably choose the ski resort closer to the time depending on snow conditions etc (unless we see a fantastic accomodation deal between now and then) but were thinking of somewhere like Chamonix or Les Contamines.
If these flight time look good to anyone else and you fancy teaming up and sharing car hire / minibus transfer, drop me a message or reply in the thread!

Ta

Sarah
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
magic_hat, will keep that one in mind when booking trips
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Magic_hat - many of our guests use car hire to get to us in Tignes and we have found that the cheapest is www.holidayautos.co.uk and for three days for the smallest car should cost you from about £70.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rayscoops, no problem. Just let me know.

Joanne Mountainsun, That's very helpful - thanks. Even if we don't end up with anyone to chare with us, that's still cheaper than the transfers I've been looking at!
snow report
 brian
brian
magic_hat, This link is Holiday Autos with a 15% discount courtesy of Phillip Stanton wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
brian, Cheers Brian - will check that out
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i normally use either
1/ holidayautos.co.uk
2/ carrentals.co.uk
3/ opodo.co.uk

Remember to hire from the Swiss side of the airport - slightly more expensive but normally includes snow tyres/chains, swiss motorway tax (otherwise CHF40) and is quicker and easier to get to the French (and Swiss) Alps
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
putting back to the top now that we're getting nearer the time.....

Currently thinking of champery or somewhere even closer to the airport. Ideally not France as all ski trips so far have been on French slopes!!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
magic_hat, but if you go to Champery, most of the slopes you'll be on will be French! Have you given up the idea of Les Contamines? It's closer to Geneva than Champery is. Nice place. Not comparable to Chamonix in terms of range of skiing, though.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
magic_hat, though, come to think of it, if you go to Les Contamines you are likely to spend more time skiing, as compared to driving around, than you would in Chamonix. Les Contamines should be good then - very quiet, no queues.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy