Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Playing in the park........... confirmation of what this is please...is it......

Poster: A snowHead
an area of slopes where things like ramps and these half pipes a lot of the boarders have fun in are built for folk to use?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Er, yes ... they're built for folks to use. On skis, if you wish.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Megamum wrote:
an area of slopes where things like ramps and these half pipes a lot of the boarders have fun in are built for folk to use?

yes Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think they also have swings and roundabouts too though..... Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's what George Michael did! wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Its VERY dangerous! Much more dangerous than chairlifts or skiing without a helmet. That's why Resort X doesn't have a park Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin, I won't mention them to the kids then - what they don't know about they won't worry about wink How many different things do they have - is it more than a 'half pipe' (I think they're called) and a couple of 'rails'? (I think I'm getting the jargon sorted out little by little)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There will be kickers (jump take off ramps) and table tops (raised flat surfaces to land on from jumps, then take off again), and a few other bits and pieces.

You don't want to be going in there until you are comfortable with the sort of jumps you can find in places around the pistes. Personally, I suspect I never really want to go in there. But I'm an old fogey snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Megamum,

My 5 year old strayed into one last year and I had to stand by helplessly, heart in mouth and watch her tear down it Shocked

Now all 3 kids are hooked. All have had lessons on the rail at Xscape and the older twins (13) are doing a week of learning tricks there next week. The beauty of it is that when we go back to Avoriaz next year I'll be able to leave them in the park and they'll amuse themselves all day in the one place.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Megamum, Half-pipes are fun for anyone - the rest can be a bit more tricky. I injured a shoulder coming off a rail/box arrangement in the Kids park at Lake Louise - following my (then) 8 year old. Have some fun doing jumps at the edges of pistes first of all.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

they'll amuse themselves all day in the one place.

if not in the one piece...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Twin 2 has already tried to smash himself into several pieces, having jumped in front of a moving car a couple of years ago.
Twin 1 fell off a (high) chairlift last year.

So I'm fairly used to living with worry!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Megamum, Quite often they have 'bangin tunes' and it's where the guys with baggy pants and belts with studs hang out. wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum, Your kids ski school instructor will always teach them things you dont want to do, so they will be in the park! Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Parkrats Cool
ski holidays
B.t.w. the root of the question stems from the fact that I've never seen an area with all these things in at a skiing resort. I've seen the odd boarding competition using the half pipe on TV, but hadn't got as far as thinking that these facilities existed per se in some larger resorts, then I visited MK and saw the rails by the side of the slope and all the discussion kept occurring re: the park, and I started to put things together.
snow report
Megamum, Quite a few resorts don't bother with them, I think mostly for marketing reasons. Resorts take a similar view with bumps. Some resorts tend to piste their bumps out while others leave them to grow depending on their client profile.
latest report
My 5 year old always wants to take me to the Terrain Park.

Megamum, If a resort is so backwards as not to have a terrain park, I hate to think how old their chairlift cables are...! wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy