Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lesotho plans to become Africa's most extensive ski area.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Afriski in Lesotho
The kingdom of Lesotho is planning a dramatic expansion to its ski area. Lesotho, a tiny land-locked kingdom bordering South Africa, is planning to expand its 'Afriski' area to 5 slopes making it Africa's largest ski area over Tiffendell in South Africa’s Eastern Cape mountains which has 3 pistes...
Lesotho is in fact one of Africa's poorest countries so most locals could never hope to afford to use the facilities but the toursist income is proving of great benefit.
The resort has received royal approval from Lesotho’s King Letsie III who has given his name to the annual King’s Cup skiing and snow-boarding and has visited the resort during the event.

http://www.suntimes.co.za/News/Article.aspx?id=524927
Lesotho Afriski
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Unless I'm mistaken Morocco is (still) in African and Oukaïmeden claims 1000 meters of vertical, 20 pistes, 1 chair and 6 drags.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Warning: Cynicism Alert.

I know a lot of resorts do this, but it's especially striking in this case. Why put photos on the resort's website that obviously cannot have been taken at that resort? Do they think they are fooling anyone? And if they do manage to fool people, what sort of reaction do you think their visitors will have when they actually come to the resort? Compare the pictures on the homepage with those in the Photo Gallery, and the difference is amazing.

Also, I find the claim to be Africa's largest ski resort somewhat dubious. I'd have thought there was someplace larger in Morocco, but I could be wrong about that.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ami in berlin wrote:
Why put photos on the resort's website that obviously cannot have been taken at that resort?

Isn't the guy on the home page in red a Crystal holiday's rep? Laughing

Back in the early 70's Val Thorens used to use photos of Val d'Isere on their brochures. Andorra Pas de la Casa has done the same recently.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You are not mistaken Davidof.

Once again p*** poor 'journalism'.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well, terribly sorry we're so 'p*** poor once again' Mike Pow but hey, a big thanks for your feedback rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The big plus of this medium is that when someone makes an error, someone helpful can add an update or correction within minutes and no-one has to live on in 'dangerous ignorance' for too long, just as davidof has done above.
Of course the downside of the medium is that you may get the odd sanctimonious git with nothing worth adding to the subject, simply swanning in and slagging you off.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wind the necks back in please.

I was referring to the source material, from which you got the intro.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Didn't the record tell us that there will be no snow in Africa this Christmas-time?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thank goodness their winter is in June, July and August wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ami in berlin wrote:
Do they think they are fooling anyone? And if they do manage to fool people, what sort of reaction do you think their visitors will have when they actually come to the resort.

But isn't that always the case with advertisement? The purpose is to get people's attention, but not neccessarily to "buy" in.
Quote:
Back in the early 70's Val Thorens used to use photos of Val d'Isere on their brochures. Andorra Pas de la Casa has done the same recently.

Sounds like a good adver for Val d'Isere instead? Just put on your own website "our area is so good other resort wish they have"?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I see Natives have picked up on this story, but unlike well behaved snowheads they just cut 'n' paste the whole article

http://www.natives.co.uk/do/ecco.py/view_item?listid=9&listcatid=39&listitemid=3476

brave guys considering the provenance: AFP, who successfully sued google for even using 20 word extracts.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
<cynic>

And I suspect that this is what it will look like for most of the winter season bar 1 week after each of the 2 snowfalls each season before it all melts ...

http://www.afriski.co.za/Airlink/p1010015.html

Like Tiffendale, just a snowdome outdoors!

rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes

</cynic>
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Are they really going to make artificial snow?? Lesotho is not known as one of the best watered countries in sub Saharan Africa.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy