Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weekly French Summer PROPERTY lets - Agents Good & Bad

Poster: A snowHead
Hoping for some good snowHead 's advice ...... as I know quite a few own properties in France

Recomendations really I suppose for any agents, websites, etc. that are good for getting properties rented out during Spring/Summer/Autumn ..... i.e the 'unimportant' times ... Toofy Grin

...... only 4 months ish to go ..... snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I know a few people that have had success with ownersdirect.co.uk. Covers the world rather than just France but may be worth a try.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BernardC, ones that I can recfommend based on our experience so far (in order best first):

holidaylettings.co.uk
holidayrentals.co.uk (not as good as above)
mediahols.com

All of these have brought in good volumes of enquiries. To echo what others have said before we see summer bookings as a bonus and do not count on them. Saying this we have had a few this year which has been great. Local adverts have worked particularly well with this in mind.

Hope this helps Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i am in mottaret right now cooking on the barbie but have to say summer bookings have been disastrous

our agent who has 30 plus properties has had 3 bookings this summer.

hoidays rentals have produced a fair amount of leads but no bookings.

my thinking is market directly to the french as they are the only ones out here...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've been told that abritel.fr is a good site to advertise on for French bookings but have yet to sign up. We have had bookings through mediahols (mediavacances is the french website) from people in France and enquiries from Dutch people too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would also have suggested Abritel and Media Vacances. The other one to try might be:

www.homelidays.com
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
have been told by others that Media Vacances produces the most summer bookings
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MrDan, marmalade, abritel have been acquired by the company who own holiday rentals.

skimottaret, yep, our summer bookings have been way lower than projected - and we are hearing the same from locals and agencies. We think the "bad" weather has sent the French and Italians south rather than up to the hills.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all - very much really good leads. Much appreciated Very Happy snowHead

snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

i am in mottaret right now cooking on the barbie but have to say summer bookings have been disastrous

we got the same feedback in Les Saisies, a couple of weeks ago. We don't rent, but others who do have had few takers this summer and the area as a whole had had a very slow July. Well, it was snowing down to 2000m at the beginning of the month... Restaurant owners were looking a bit glum, and hoping for a more summery August. Aren't we all?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BernardC, I aasume you want a listing site rhather than an agent?
FWIW this summer, I have four weeks booked between now and end of August.
1 booking from Owners Direct.
1 returning guest (booked last summer via an Ebay ad)
1 from Internet Cottages (UK cottage rental site, but they also have ski apartments, I also get loads of hits to my own website via there, and they use the same booking calendar as I do, I got the listing free because of this)
1 from my website, booked using my online calendar.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks Helen , Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BernardC, What's happening at your place through August/September? I'm looking for some secluded digs.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=28429
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
[b]
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, ... will PM you....