Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tell me your plans for next winter

Poster: A snowHead
Sitting watching more torrential rain out the window here in Horsham! So tell me what you have planned for next winter!

Mine is something like this (still in planning mode though)

January - Flaine - hunting for that cold mid winter pow pow Very Happy

February - Traverse of the Queyras - early season touring in a little know area of the southern french alps, a 6 day tour across the range staying in Gites and refuges wink

March - Morzine - A week with the family at our favorite chalet, hot tub included Razz

April - High Mountain touring, on my shortlist is a traverse of the Vanoise, a traverse of the Berner Oberland, climb and ride Mt Blanc? Cool
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mine is simpler.

1 week of Jan. Plan Peisey/Les Arcs with wife and 3 kids using Esprit for a week. last season using Esprit. Buying in Arc 2000 so that will (please) be ready for 2008/2009. Had 30 pages of a french mortgage offer through today.

March 12th fly out for 4 days with wife. Mother in Law has kids. Flights booked to Geneva. Location to visit undecided but highly likely to be Les Arcs/La Plagne.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
To hopefully take possession of my apartment in Grimentz prior to Xmas and then have 2 or 3 weeks there with the family during the winter.

Also, I'm hoping to go on the company/client trip to Serre Chevalier in January.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
After 10 days in August with a bit of Walking MBing Golf Archery and Glacier skiing at Tignes or Val D'Isere.
Just the usual 2 weeks over Christmas and New Year, Feb half term, week in March, and first week or so of April. All in Paradiski Very Happy snowHead

and a great days skiing and Lunching with some weirdo's from the internet Details here Laughing wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My current schedule looks like a couple weekends in Japan and South Korea in Dec.

Kitzbuehel in Jan.

Verbier and Gstaad in Mar.

Outside chances of Nevada in Jan and Vermont in Apr.

Hubba hubba.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 23-07-07 20:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Very boring - end of November to May in Tahoe, again. snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wedding in Boston early October

PSB in October/November

possibly South Africa to visit sylusia in January

Ski week in March, probably North America

EoSB in April

300% volume improvement on normal ski trips snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looking at Canada for Feb.

Lastminute anywhere at begining of March

and Morzine at end of March.

snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Booked: PSB Oct/ Nov

Fairly sure: Group trip to Austria March

Dreaming: EOSB
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Whitegold wrote:
My current schedule looks like a couple weekends in Japan and South Korea in Dec.

Kitzbuehel in Jan.

Hubba hubba.

You're taking a sailing ship instead of airoplanes to those places, right? To help reduce the carbon footprint...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This season is in the planning stage but looks like I'm going to Hintertux in December, then probably Zermatt or Nendaz in January, Austria or France...or Canada (decisive, me) in Feb or April with the family, Nendaz or Zermatt in March and Hemsedal in April. All for long weekends except for the yearly 2 week family trip! I'll be going to the 520m indoor slope at Landgraaf before that! snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Xmas - Austria - Kaprun

Jan - France - Meribel

Feb - Austria - small resorts tour - based in Saalbach

Mar - TBA

Apr - TBA
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
only beginning to take shape at the moment

Dec/Jan - over in Vancouver seeing the inlaws so should get some time at Whistler; might try a bit of the backcountry up there

March - 10 days in the Oisans. A couple with the La Grave team from last year then I'm organising a trip for the Eagle Ski Club

April - have 4 days with a guide booked right at the end. Won't decide where we go until the last minute

need to get a few weekends in too...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Moving to British Columbia in early October.
Have Truck and 5th wheel RV organised so will then spend the next 6 or 7 months travelling round exploring as many resorts as I can. The list of resorts/ski hills is already HUGE!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hellfiresliding wrote:
Moving to British Columbia in early October.
Have Truck and 5th wheel RV organised so will then spend the next 6 or 7 months travelling round exploring as many resorts as I can. The list of resorts/ski hills is already HUGE!

Thats just plain rude tyo post that here snowHead You are obviously not looking forward to the trip wink
ski holidays
gwaelod, Very Happy

Go on....leave the rat race for a bit. Cool
snow report
hellfiresliding wrote:
gwaelod, Very Happy

Go on....leave the rat race for a bit. Cool

3 kids (5,7,8, they love skiing Very Happy ), 2 dogs, 4 cats, 2 ducks, 4 chickens, mortgage here, just taking a mortgage out in France for a property in Les Arcs. I am the rat race!!

In truth as a kid growing up in Ireland skiing was just soemthing we knew nothing about. I only skied for the first time when 32 and then we took a break for 7 years when the kids were young. We got back to skiing 2 years ago and now get 2 trips a year. One with kids and one wihout. I know if as an 18 year old I had gone skiing I would not have come back. I don't any regrets in life except one and that was taking up skiing earlier. But c'est la vie. Enjoy your trip as in years to come I will be encouraging my 3 to do it snowHead Laughing
ski holidays
January 5th-12th - Mayrhofen, Austria

March ?-? - Cheap late deal to Bulgaria (Pamporovo or Bansko)

Roll on Winter! Blue
snow report
abc wrote:
Whitegold wrote:

Kitzbuehel in Jan.

Hubba hubba.

You're taking a sailing ship instead of airoplanes to those places, right? To help reduce the carbon footprint...

Sailing ships are for losers. Mr. Green Laughing Mr. Green Laughing
snow conditions
OCT/NOV
Not sure whether I'll be attending the PSB, but would love to. Otherwise, will be aiming to get a short break or even a week away with the missus to somewhere cheap in either the Alps or Andorra.

DEC/JAN
Was looking at doing New Year's eve week in somewhere like Val Thorens but it's looking more like the second week of January for a group of six of us. That'll be a 10 day/two-week trip and the main one of the season.

MAR/APR
Went to La Plagne last March for a sneaky trip with mates an would liek to fit in another. However, I missed out on Snowbombing in Mayohoffen last year so would like to do this at the end of April.

I feel so depressed that I still have six months until the group trip Sad
latest report
gwaelod,
I understand.

My circumstances are rather different.

I'm 37, proffessionally qualified mechanical engineer, no house, no partner, no offspring so I think that if I don't do it now I probably never will.....Oh yes...I have a permanent residency visa for Canada too.... Very Happy
snow report
Xmas and new year Norway. End January and easter PdS and hopefully a week in or weekend somewhere else. If the business stands up to the pressure!!! wink

Wherever any snowHead is going I hope you all have a fantastic time.
ski holidays
Skiing around the Rhone Valley late Jan for 2 weeks.

Late Feb/early Mar hooking up with the guys in Le Grave and onto BSM. Just need to flesh out the trips with detail but that will be about 4 weeks skiing, I hope.
ski holidays
hellfiresliding, "permanent residency visa for Canada " - lucky git, you won't be back.. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
hellfiresliding wrote:
gwaelod,
I understand.

I'm 37, proffessionally qualified mechanical engineer, no house, no partner, no offspring so I think that if I don't do it now I probably never will.....Oh yes...I have a permanent residency visa for Canada too.... Very Happy

Similar situation myself, although I have a house (well, an apartment) but am currently on a career break. Likewise, am determined to do this season somewhere Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy , as I will probably have to rejoin the real world at some stage. Sad Sad Sad
snow conditions
Am planning to find a sunken pirates galleon full of booty in the clear up of the floods in Stratford upon Avon, followed by peace in the Middle East by late January.

I shall be punctuating these events by spending some considerable time contemplating life in Villaroger and the Tarentaise in general
ski holidays
hellfiresliding wrote:
gwaelod,
I understand.

Barsteward Razz snowHead
ski holidays
Guvnor wrote:

I shall be punctuating these events by spending some considerable time contemplating life in Villaroger and the Tarentaise in general

Got to Villaroger in January. Great restaurant near the lift. The food was great defintily on our 'must visit' food stops next Janaury.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Les Collons for New year and a week in Feb discovering the 4 vallees from our new place for definite, plus any sneaky time I can get away with rolling eyes

Will be going back to lessons for the first time in 7 years looking forward to big improvements, ha ha.

Planning to try Rocarasso and the other Italian resorts close to Rome if the snow is good. Speaking to my new collegues and they say that the conditions were very poor for most of last year. Working shift will let me avoid the weekends though.
ski holidays
Xmas in Meribel with Family,

Work long w/e to PDS end of Jan

15 days with a mate split between Whistler, Fernie and Kicking Horse end of Feb into March.

Boys w/e in Chamonix in April
snow report
Xmas somewhere in the Alps... not quite sure where yet Smile

followed by 11 nights in Banff over the first two weeks of Feb...

and then a week in St. Anton over Easter.

I can't wait for Winter Very Happy
snow report
Second winter in the Niseko area of Hokkaido, Japan.

With as many side-trips to neighbouring resorts and backcountry.
snow conditions
End of Jan flights booked, just need to choose hotel in Tignes with in-laws.

Leaves March open for the last minute, probably Austria, trip with mates.

Am thinking of starting getting fit already. Will probably still be thinking about starting getting fit in mid Jan. And I expect I will probably still be thinking about starting getting fit in March.

I am pouring over everyone's photos in mediazone already.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Hopefully early December weekend trip to Grimentz.

Feb half term in Grimentz plus Sat-Mon in Leukerbad (our schools don't go back until Tuesday).

March long weekend in La Grave.

2nd week of easter hols in Grimentz (28/3 to 6/4 which is their closing date).

Plus with a bit of favour from the snow Gods, a day or 2 up north.
snow conditions
I'll be starting work at 8.30am November the 1st and finishing at 22.30pm May 1st. Hopefully now we have the same team as previous years i can get time off to ski and put to bed all these nasty rumours that i do nothing but work underground!
ski holidays
Pre Christmas - somewhere high
January - Wengen
February - half term with grandchildren probably Flaine
March - heliskiing in British Columbia
April - more heliskiing
ski holidays
 brian
brian
skilegs, environmentalcatastrophatastic Very Happy

(he said through jealously gritted teeth). Make sure the t/r's are good !
snow report
skilegs wrote:
March - heliskiing in British Columbia
April - more heliskiing

You can rapidly grow to dislike some people wink
ski holidays
Oct/Nov - L2A for the PSB
Dec - Zermatt for 9 days over xmas
Jan/Feb - week in Saalbach, then a couple of days in Zell or Bad Gastein
Mar - Wengen for the MSB
Apr - Val Thorens for the EOSB
May - probs a weekend on the glacier at Zermatt.

Life is tough wink
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
I'll be starting work at 8.30am November the 1st and finishing at 22.30pm May 1st. Hopefully now we have the same team as previous years i can get time off to ski and put to bed all these nasty rumours that i do nothing but work underground!

Bless Very Happy Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy