Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A toilet with a view - on top of Mont Blanc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Europe's highest toilets have been built on the peak of Mont Blanc (France). More than 30,000 people visit the peak each year so, according to local mayor Jean-Marc Peillex, the toilets are “much needed”. "Our beautiful mountain's white peak was full of yellow and brown spots in summer," he reportedly said.
The two toilets were helicoptered up Mont Blanc to a height of 4,260m. A helicopter will also be used to empty the toilets on a daily basis at the peak’s busiest times....From: http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2429287.html?menu
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds like these are being installed at the Vallot Hut, rather than the top. There was a pile of frozen poo-poo over a meter high right outside the door, when I was there, not nice.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What a load of ****! Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

A helicopter will also be used to empty the toilets on a daily basis at the peak’s busiest times...

Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
veeeight, if they fly it upside down, will the s__t hit the fan? wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That's p*** poor. Wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It just stinks.

I love the crass use of helicopters daily to empty toilets, sounds rediculous to me! Surely some fit staff could ski it down with a bit tank on their back....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Toliets? Daily Helicopter flights?
May as well make the Heli trip worthwhile and open a restaurant and bring sightseers up in the chopper! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
On Mt Whitney in the US there were "environmentally friendly" toilets on the trail. After an assessment these were removed, and visitors are now required to pack out all waste including poo. www.fs.fed.us/r5/inyo/recreation/wild/packitout.shtml Its a fine judgment, if visitors are prepared to pack it out great, however, if they dont then you end up with with a pile of....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
juice, I don't see anybody French packing out their poo, given the reluctance to pick up after dogs. laundryman, Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sit on the top of Europe while the world comes out of your bottom. Wink

http://www.porcelainpoetry.faketrix.com/funny-toilets-comedy-humor-picture-25-skiers-and-urinals.htm
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w wrote:
juice, I don't see anybody French packing out their poo, given the reluctance to pick up after dogs. laundryman, Laughing

I don't know about Mt. Whitney specifically. But in the states, if you're going to area of "pack out your poo" area, you're REQUIRED to have a kit to take your poo out with. It's in your permit. If you run into a ranger on the trail, they can ask you to show the kit, and turn you back if you don't have one with you. Or, in control access area, you show the kit to be let on forward. Though I've never been to one that has restricted entrance.

Isn't the climb on Mt. Blanc usually guided? They should simply require the guides to provide the pack out kit to their client, in my opinion. Building a toilet on the top and emptying it by helicoptor sounds rather rediculous.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy