Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Woman hurt in fall from chairlift at Mt Hotham

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A woman is in hospital with suspected spinal injuries after falling from a chairlift at Mt Hotham ski resort in Australia. The 20-year-old fell 4m from the Summit chairlift on Saturday morning when she lifted the safety bar near (but not near enough) to where skiers alight from the lift. ...A Mt Hotham spokeswoman said there were signs warning people not to raise the safety bars until they are close to the designated exit point.

From: http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22116124-2862,00.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not strictly on topic but its quite strange arriving in Sydney for a summer holiday as I did yesterday to see folk collecting skis and boards from the carousel. The conditions are pretty good for Oz I hear but the otehr members of the family keep reminding me this is a smummer holiday and any urge to head to the Snowy mountains must be repressed! All good credit for a swift weekend in the Alps this winter.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was very lucky something similar didn't happen to me on my second ski trip.

Having excitedly looked forward to it for the whole year from my first trip, I skied the 50 yards down from the hotel to the nearest lift, just in front of a mate and his girlfriend. As it was only a 2 seater chair, I got on the first chair that came, with the other 2 behind me. I must have gone 40 or 50 yards when I suddenly started feeling a little exposed, but thought it must just have been because it had been a year since I had last been on a chair lift; then I glanced upwards and thought it might be a good idea to pull the safety bar down!

It also probably explained all the shouting in French from the bottom of the lift. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy