Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

fancy trying some boots out????

Poster: A snowHead
LARGEZOOKEEPER wrote:
Atomic_Mick wrote:
he's very good as that is all he does is fit and supply boots-the French national team go to him for their boots too.

I agree that he's very good but the French Team don't get their boots there Toofy Grin wink

Oh right-my apologies-thats what one of the ski olympic reps/ski hosts told me when i asked for a good boot fitter-maybe he meant the French football team wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Atomic_Mick, I have a hunch that the Large Keeper may be more personally involved with the French Ski team ski boots than he has so far admitted.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Atomic_Mick, amazing the BS that resort reps like to spread Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well to be fair you could tell the guy (the bootfitter that is not the rep) knew his stuff and actively encouraged me to go back over the following days to sort out any teething problems and tweaks to the boots.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Atomic_Mick wrote:
LARGEZOOKEEPER wrote:
Atomic_Mick wrote:
he's very good as that is all he does is fit and supply boots-the French national team go to him for their boots too.

I agree that he's very good but the French Team don't get their boots there Toofy Grin wink

Oh right-my apologies-thats what one of the ski olympic reps/ski hosts told me when i asked for a good boot fitter-maybe he meant the French football team wink

The guy who owns the shop used to work for the French team as a bootfitter Blush
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stewart woodward, JoJo was a part time technicien for Tecnica but never worked for the French Team. Boot service is provided uniquely by the manufacturers, there are no team dependant fitters (excepting one in canada). I know him well and he did a great job. The guy that bought his business used to work for Sidas Conformable in the Podiatec departement and I have also heard that he is very competent.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
LARGEZOOKEEPER, IFIRC I read on here that you are The Salomon boot fitter for European Ladies WC racing, is that right?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ray Zorro wrote:
JT, there was a bit of a summary on page 5 of this thread - but it may be out of date by now...

Quote:
20/21-24/25 Oct (bit confusing this lot ): Nells, snowskisnow, WTFH, Ray Zorro, samharris, Alphorn, Spyderman, mjr, Kitty, Incogskisno, CEM, Grandmotte, Masque, Michelle, Linds, Agenterre

Yup, slightly out of date - I'm over on the 20th too Smile

BTW, does anyone know where we're supposed to pick up the transfer bus at Geneva Airport?

I just realised I've had no info on this! Shocked
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I will be in touch via email to let you know where to meet the driver.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My new boots arrived last Friday Laughing

Its taken me 4 DAYS to get my feet into them Confused

Hopefully i can somehow get them off before bedtime Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stewart woodward, what you got then Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CEM wrote:
stewart woodward, what you got then Very Happy

Hopefully ones He can get his feet in. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well out of date, me and the bf are off on the 29th Nov- 2nd December
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spyderman, i seem to remember that it was you who said the next size up was too comfortable and would pack out quickly with that amount you use them Little Angel they will fit......eventually
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
CEM, They're feeling Luurvly already. (compared to what they were like) Very Happy
ski holidays
Spyderman, a very nice man in italy has just given me a brand new set of liners for mine Toofy Grin Toofy Grin the newest version of the zip fit and with 20 mins of wear they feel better already than the last ones Puzzled ....go figure
snow conditions
How're your hang overs guys?? I hear you might be nursing a couple on your return?
ski holidays
Joanne Mountainsun, only one day of suffering, took it really easy for the other two days....

there are a few bumps and bruises on certain people too Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Quote:

2-5 Dec: Maggi & Marmalade

3-6 Dec: Jo225

4-7 Dec: mac

Soooooooo excited now I'm beside myself! Less than 2 weeks guys Very Happy

Anyone got any idea how much of the area will be open by then?
snow report
and holidayloverxx 7 - 10 Dec Very Happy v v excited!
snow conditions
The Espace Killy is due to open on 1st Dec and i can't see any reason why the majority of the the runs shouldn't be open from then by the looks of the webcams/reports and weather forecast for the coming week or so and i'd of thought the link to Val should open pretty soon too with all those greens and blues on the plateau being at a fairly high altitude. I'll be there from 9th-12th Dec and i'm reasonably confident that at least 50% of the area will be open if not more. Am i being greedy by half hoping that the runs down to the hotel in les Boises and to les Brevieres might be open by then if the weather stays cold enough? Can anyone thats just come back tell me if theres any snow down in those villages and if theyv'e had the snow cannons going down at those levels?
snow report
marmalade wrote:
Quote:

2-5 Dec: Maggi & Marmalade

3-6 Dec: Jo225

4-7 Dec: mac

Soooooooo excited now I'm beside myself! Less than 2 weeks guys Very Happy

Anyone got any idea how much of the area will be open by then?

Excited as well ! snowHead snowHead

I was thinking that the best we could really hope for was decent snow on the Double M, but I'm wondering now about the runs on the Aiguille Percee side, & maybe down to Boisses as well (though I think this might be a bit over-hopeful). I know the Boot Camp lift passes only cover the glacier - can we pay for an extension to cover the extra areas, or do we need to buy entirely new passes?
snow conditions
Apologies as I should have posted these earlier, so thanks for the reminder Embarassed

Kitty

Some bloke who just tagged along with us wink

Icog

Mr Icog

Spyderman

Snowheads go to Tignes (sounds like an Enid Blyton title Laughing )
ski holidays
jo225 wrote:
can we pay for an extension to cover the extra areas, or do we need to buy entirely new passes?

Ah, that's what we all want to know. And no one seems to know the answer rolling eyes .
latest report
Linds, great pics Linds, shame I ruined the group one Embarassed
latest report
IncogSkiSno, You were just admiring My Boots Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Just had an email from Mountainsun with some more fantastic deals for later in the season. I think another trip might be in order. Toofy Grin
latest report
Spyderman, Details we need details Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin,
17th – 20th December 2007: 3 nights catered accommodation £99!

20th – 23rd December 2007: 3 nights catered accommodation £139!

Come and join us for CHRISTMAS! 23rd – 27th December 2007:

4 nights catered accommodation £199!

Short breaks available throughout the season starting 3rd – 6th January: 3 nights catered accommodation £189!

END OF SEASON SPRING SPECIAL £79! : Any 3 nights catered accommodation between 20th April – 4th May 2008: from ONLY £79!! Including set time transfers from Geneva (subject to availability) and 3 nights catered accommodation including afternoon tea and wine with dinner. Weekend supplement of £12 per person per night for Friday and Saturday will apply.

All of the prices above are based on two people sharing standard type C room. Upgrades on rooms carry supplements (type B £4 per person per night, type A £6 per person per night). For more details on all of our winter holidays please visit www.mountainsunltd.com .
snow report
Spyderman, I would love to but I have to resist,

I have to resist Sad
I have to resist Sad
I have to resist Sad
I have to resist Sad
snow report
Linds, As the Borg say 'Resistance is Futile' Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Spyderman, I have 30 days booked already Shocked Embarassed
snow report
Spyderman, Shocked Shocked
That End of season deal looks brilliant Very Happy
ski holidays
Spyderman, how about 21-25th April?

Anyone interested?
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat, maybe after the EoSB rolling eyes
latest report
Quote:

END OF SEASON SPRING SPECIAL £79! : Any 3 nights catered accommodation between 20th April – 4th May 2008: from ONLY £79!! Including set time transfers from Geneva (subject to availability) and 3 nights catered accommodation including afternoon tea and wine with dinner.

That really is a good price Toofy Grin Very Happy
snow conditions
IncogSkiSno wrote:
Linds, great pics Linds, shame I ruined the group one Embarassed

Not at all - that pose has improved it Laughing .

Nice ones Linds Very Happy
snow conditions
Great photo's Very Happy
ski holidays
Quote:

that pose has improved it

Ray Zorro, One day she will get her own back on you Laughing
ski holidays
Linds wrote:
...Ray Zorro, One day she will get her own back on you Laughing

Her get her own back - you must be joking - it is me that is trying to get even Confused Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy