Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

fancy trying some boots out????

Poster: A snowHead
okay, who fancies trying out some boots on a short trip to Tignes, Atomic are operating a program this autumn which will allow you to book a short trip for £99 excluding flights [hotel, transfer, lift pass, food and access to the test centre is included] the idea is that you can try the new hawx boots and have a pre season ski on the glacier

I will post full details as soon as i have them Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Date of the event?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, end sept until december, constantly
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
CEM, interesting...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I might be interested as I will be in that area during the autumn, although I don't think I'd need the hotel.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
CEM, depending on dates and suitable flights I might be up for that. However, I am on the verge of PMing you anyway - I feel a boot purchase coming on before the PSB Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I spent a few hundred pounds with Franck @ Nevada in tignes last januarym but that's not to say I won;t be interested in more. How long does £99 get you in tignes? and where does the transfer run from?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
a little more detail is now available at www.atomicbootcamp.co.uk the one thing missing is the duration of the trip, this will be updated by Atomic later today, but is AFAIK 2 nights accomodation 3 days skiing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CEM, sounds interesting, I could be up for that Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
IncogSkiSno, they are ski boots, not thigh high FMBs - and they wouldn't go with your belt anyway... Wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CEM, thanks for posting, this sounds great!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wear The Fox Hat, Laughing I have other belts Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
CEM, do you know the deal on the max (or min) number of nights over there?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
maybe a snowHead PPSB (post pre season bash) in Tignes is in order?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm a bit confused. The Atomic website says that the test will take place at the picturesque resort of Tignes. Where's that? Is there a different Tignes that I haven't heard of?
latest report
rob@rar, Very Happy maybe there will be bunting to brighten the place up?
latest report
presumably this is "just" before the winter season kicks off, so no chance of skiing apart from on the glacier???
latest report
I might be interested...
snow report
hmmmmmm..!!!! me too..!!!
ski holidays
rob@rar, if you stand pointing away from the resort, and any of the surrounding resorts, and the mountain restaurants, and the car park, then in some cases the view may well be described as "picturesque". Laughing
snow report
If we paid for THE bootfitters to come with us I guess this could turn into the Ultimate snowHeads boot fitting event. It would certainly make a cup of tea while you wait at Lockwoods look a bit boring Toofy Grin Laughing
snow report
CEM, Sounds great. Do you think they'll like my new 'Head' Ski boots. wink
ski holidays
I'd be up for it over a weekend. Presumably they'll be plying the assembled hordes with Atomic demo skis too.
ski holidays
looks like the website for this has been launched, looks interesting!!
snow conditions
Jerry21, Welcome to snowHead
snow report
CEM what do they expect to do for 120 flex and higher?
snow conditions
The information on the hotel is a bit misleading, you won't be able to ski down to Les Boisses at this time.

The navettes don't usually run either at this time, so Atomic would need to arrange transport up to the funicular.
snow report
This sounds great, i have just looked at there web site. you also get ski hire included Cool
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mavric carver, Welcome to you, too snowHead
ski holidays
Is this suitable for intermediates, or do they just want super-duper skiers? If yes, then I'm up for it. Very Happy
ski holidays
boredsurfin,
Quote:

If we paid for THE bootfitters to come with us I guess this could turn into the Ultimate snowHeads boot fitting event. It would certainly make a cup of tea while you wait at Lockwoods look a bit boring

Not sure, this is a desperate act from Atomic to market a boot the industry has laughed at, to the end user. I think they're hoping that if by getting them on your feet you'll ask your shop about them. The fact for us bootfitters is that the three most important areas of the boot to work on, are, unworkable. That said, i'd agree this kind of event would be more fun, perhaps we should bring it to Chamonix in November? Little Angel
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

sounds a good idea but we need to ski them.

I personally might have to pop by to check out some AT boots. Atm, I have in mind to do this enoute to the Rhone valley via Chamonix.
Anything causing waves for this season?
latest report
Dynafit ZZero. Lightest 4 buckle boot out there, similar to the Garmont Megaride but lighter, stiffer(laterally) and 100euros more expensive.
snow report
So, where is/are the snowHead week(s) then? Little Angel
snow conditions
veeeight, It's in the process of being reorganised. Worst case, we will follow last years format. i.e. Lockwoods, L/Spa for one day. I felt we didn't really give each person enough time to showcase Bootfiitting in it's best light, due to over subscription. I'd like to improve on that, to give CEM and the likes of myself the chance to impart a little more understanding of it's benifits and worth, that way you will all be able to assess whether the person fitting your boots is doing it right or just 'Playing' Bootfitter.
ski holidays
Laughing I was meaning the snowHead week(s) at Tignes, courtesy of Atomic! But that info was good too!
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, what do they expect to do for 120 flex and higher?
snow report
comprex, ?
ski holidays
I done heard tell nothing over 110 available in zat boot. Is possible is wrong.
snow report
So even if the boots don't turn out to be much cop is this trip a likely goer then? Who , when etc?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy