Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD FREEBIE

Poster: A snowHead
What do you think would be a useful CHEAPISH freebie wuold be for a ski travel co to give away Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
velcro strap to hold skis together? good branding opportunity as well........
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
redrunmarcus, We have 2 give away's both are boring but effective.
A pen with phone number and web address and a mobile phone desk holder (as used behind the bar in Trappeur's!) also with phone number and web address.
Origination costs are quite high but reduce with future orders. There are lots of firms out there. We have used this one for several years.
http://www.recognition-express.com/home/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lip sun-protection
lift pass holder (though limited use with increasing use of hands free recognition)
ski combination lock
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Any thoughts on something to help recognise guests as they come through an airport?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
redrunmarcus, Hats?
http://www.re-catalogue.co.uk/search/?search=ski&x=10&y=10
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin, But would people wear them through the airport
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Small back-bags?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
demos wrote:
Small back-bags?

difficult to see unless they walk backwards into the arrivals hall!

dont think people will be too keen to wear hats in the airport (unless they have been getting stuck into the inflight booze of course!)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The ski combination lock suggested by Ray Zorro has real practical benefit on the slopes, a freebie useful long term.

How about a mouse mat with inspiring skiing photo montage, company logo, web address etc. It's boring, been done before but people might just use it at work so it will be seen by others.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 18-07-07 13:19; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Luggage labels? Or luggage identifying straps?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Following cathy's theme...

Standard hand-baggage sized holdalls might be a consideration.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ray Zorro, would have to be a profitable company then???
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mouth, they needn't be expensive ones. I picked one up from a petrol station that is just the right size - it was £3.99. It has been sooo useful.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
T-shirts, T-shirts, T-shirts, you keep them for ever and wear them all the time, cheap to buy
snow conditions
redrunmarcus, surely the guests should recognise you rather than the other way around? If it's just a quick identity check you're after then a luggage label is as good as anything, though not everyone would use them. Of course, that would be the problem with anything you come up with!

One other possible freebie, definitely high-end though - a neck roll.
latest report
I'm with Frosty, , t-shirts are an almost guarenteed success; but make it a decent simple design. The number of companies/organisations that still insist on giving out horrendous t-shirts all in size double large american bloater....... Puzzled
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, Can you give me a quote for Montalbert to Bourg St Maurice on April 12th? Toofy Grin
latest report
thermal foil blankets.

Very cheap not the sort of thing you throw away but most skiers would happlily carry one. Easy to print up the wrapping with your company details if needed.
snow conditions
redrunmarcus, headband in fluo colours saying, "I'm a monoskier". If nothing else, onlookers will assume your guests have been skiers for years and years.
snow conditions
boredsurfin, Sorry will be back in UK by then but would love to help in Jan Feb or Mar Little Angel
ski holidays
[b]David Murdoch[/b Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy oh how I laughed, actually could'nt stop once the image was in my head
ski holidays
what do you think of these http://www.totalmerchandise.co.uk/proddetails.php?id=688
snow conditions
redrunmarcus wrote:
What do you think would be a useful CHEAPISH freebie wuold be for a ski travel co to give away Puzzled

What are your objectives?

Who exactly are you targeting?

Define cheapish -- what wholesale price-range per unit are we talking about?

Will the freebie be handed out before, during or after a customer's vacation?
snow report
Lipsalve - the stuff I picked up at the ski show is still in use, just don't make a big deal of the "free" gift its usually something no-one would pay for anyway.
ski holidays
That's the key to a good freebie though isn't it fatbob? Something you probably wouldn't think of buying (cos if you did you'd already have one) but find invaluable once you've got one.
snow report
Whitegold, £2-£3 just something to remember the name by...I know it is the quality of the service provided that will be remembered in the end but would like to send something at the time of booking that can be used for or on the holiday
ski holidays
redrunmarcus wrote:
what do you think of these http://www.totalmerchandise.co.uk/proddetails.php?id=688

Yup - we'd find them useful and have similar ones. We also still recycle the ones from Ski Independence Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Neck tube?

Travel document wallet?

Mouse mat?

Sports drink bottle?

Lanyard?

Hand warmers?
ski holidays
How about those little bags (or holder) to put your goggle/sunglasses in?

I also like the velcro strap for skis too. Those tend to be the kind of "little thing" you don't remember nor make a special effort to find & pack but can be useful to have during the holiday.
snow report
marmalade, like the idea of a neck warmer Cool
snow conditions
Beer voucher
ski holidays
redrunmarcus wrote:
Whitegold, £2-£3 just something to remember the name by...I know it is the quality of the service provided that will be remembered in the end but would like to send something at the time of booking that can be used for or on the holiday

Redrunmarcus --

You need to ask your external customers what they want and what they value.

You need to quantify their responses. They must be quantified.

Asking a few non-clients on the Web to guess -- and we can only guess -- what your clients might want is a haphazard, almost worthless approach.

I recommend you email your past or existing customers directly, and ask them directly what they want.

Email, say, 50 random clients. Ask them a very short, very simple survey, of no more than, say, 3 questions.

For example, what is the best free ski-gift you have ever received? Is it a) a lipsalve b) a USB memory stick c) a ski / board padlock d) others (please name).

You may only get 5 - 20 responses, but they will tell you a lot more than we ever can.

Again, they must be quantified, in percentage terms. Qualitative analysis is less valuable.

If your respondents come back to you and 60% say they would love a lipsalve... then you give them all la free lipsalve.

Use surveymonkey.com. It is a survey tool. It is free for up to 100 respondents. I have no connections whatsoever with SM. But it is a brilliant site.

I look forward to reading the quantitative results of your customer survey in a week or two.

Good luck.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 19-07-07 12:15; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Whitegold, snowHead are potential clients...
ski holidays
parlor wrote:
Whitegold, snowHead are potential clients...

Few SnowHeads will have used a Snofox apartment. Most are not clients.
snow conditions
Champagne and canapes on the transfer would always be a draw for me Very Happy
ski holidays
goggle cleaner or goggle bag?
snow conditions
Whitegold, this is for a transfer business so snowHead are just the feedback I am looking for
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, that could be FUN Razz
snow report
redrunmarcus, aha, that wasn't how I read it - I thought you were offering the freebie to clients who have booked an aprtment with you?I understand where Whitegold is comign from if that is the case, but from a commercial perspective, £2 - £3.00 pounds sounds a lot off the margin if you are only talking about transfers.....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy