Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Clusaz to Chamonix: Getting there without a car.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know the best way of getting from La Clusaz to Chamonix without a car?

There is a regular bus service from La Clusaz to Annecy, where you can catch the train. That'll take about 3 hours and cost ca. €40 per person.

Alternatively, you can take a taxi in the more direct way out of La Clusaz to Cluses and get the train from there. The train fare will be ca. €10 per person, but what will I have to pay for the taxi (ca. 25 km)?

There will be either two or four of us making the journey.

It's a bit frustrating that I can't find a scheduled bus service heading east out of La Clusaz. All transport seems to run through Annecy. Are the other routes even open in the winter?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you haven't got to carry too much, I suspect that hitching might be easiest. I pick up people down the Arly Valley sometimes, but not if they've got a gigantic snowboard and a backpack the size of a small car. If there are 4 of you, you'd need to split up. And preferably not go on a Saturday!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Pam. The thought had actually already crossed my mind, but unfortunately we'll have just spent a week in La Clusaz and will be weighted down with luggage and gear. It'll be a Saturday, too.

I'm thinking the taxi/train is the way to go. It would have to cost more than €60 for two people to turn out more expensive than the bus/train, which would take as long anyway.

It looks like I just answered my own question.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy