Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spyder on eBay???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any opinions on this....anyone ever bought?

Spyder on ebay

And how the hell do I shorten these links......sorry rolling eyes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowskisnow, don't know about the Spyder stuff, I'm afraid, but achilles recently taught me how to do links, see here.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowskisnow, I'd be very careful buying Spyder gear off ebay as it's notorious for Spyder (& Oakley & North Face) fakes & they're nigh on impossible to spot the difference as the workmanship, the logo's & the tags etc are all very good except their made out of shoite material. I've bought Spyder gloves & a hat of ebay in the past but the seller was an actual retail store who was a Spyder dealer & that's the only way I'd feel comfortable about the purchase.

If it's Spyder gear you're after have a word with Spyderman as he has contacts wink.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon, Yes.....a bit of delving reveals them as fakes from China...what a surprise rolling eyes
Its Spyder pants I'm after in,I think,XL(if I have made sense of the Spyder size chart?)
If anyone has some tucked away....let me know wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowskisnow wrote:
.....Its Spyder pants I'm after in,I think,XL(if I have made sense of the Spyder size chart?)
If anyone has some tucked away....let me know wink

I'd recommend PM'ing Spyderman
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowskisnow, They are fakes. 99.9% of spyder on ebay is fake. Not bad for a £30 jacket though, but don't expect it to keep you warm & dry.

XL size pants are pretty huge. I'm 6'0" with a 36" waist and Large is plenty big enough, in fact roomy.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SnowSkisnow, Almost certainly fake. I made the mistake a couple of years ago of buying a supposedly genuine Northface jacket from
a reputable ebay source. Good price, but I got cold and wet in the snow, the dog sleeps on it now.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bob,
Quote:

Almost certainly fake

No almost about it. It is fake.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If it seems too good to be true, it almost certainly will be.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ANYONE considering buying Spyder stuff on e-bay MUST read this link first

http://spyderfan.livejournal.com/424.html
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
All of the above highlights one of the many areas of concern I have with eBay.Namely,they do nothing to stop this type of scam.If you run a retail shop,and claim your goods are genuine(when not)this is deception/fraud and you would get yer coller felt.Why do eBay not take this view?Force people to declare 'replicas',and this rubbish would eventually start to die off.Many/most of the 'perps' are traders....make them adhere to the laws of business.And don't cite the nonsense that eBay is 'just' an auction site...its not.For many its their shop window...and a very big one at that.
Scammers of any type should be stood against a wall and .............. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowskisnow wrote:
All of the above highlights one of the many areas of concern I have with eBay.Namely,they do nothing to stop this type of scam.If you run a retail shop,and claim your goods are genuine(when not)this is deception/fraud and you would get yer coller felt.Why do eBay not take this view?

Because the burden of proof is on the accuser, and it's a lot easier to show these things when you have physical access to the goods.

Quote:
Force people to declare 'replicas',and this rubbish would eventually start to die off.Many/most of the 'perps' are traders....make them adhere to the laws of business.

Ebay-US did, however, make it very clear that if there is a limited number of owners of a copyright, say in this case the "Spyder" name and logo, and the owner of the copyright requests the auction be supressed, they will be quick to comply. Again, it's up to the copyright holder to find the violators.

For a while there, it was brutally difficult to sell Shimano parts or Continental tires on Fleeb, even used ones.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There's so many things wrong with that auction it's hard to know where to start!! It's wrongly labelled for a start - anyone with that volume of genuine spyder clothing isn't going to list it as columbia, which is less sought after on ebay.

The fact that it's a private listing - as have all the others by this seller, although they have a good feedback profile.

I only buy used items from ebay - many bargains to be had if you can dodge con merchants such as this one.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowskisnow, tidied up the link. If you click you edit post button it will show you how to shorten it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy