Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

€urostar Ski Train from July 17 2007

Poster: A snowHead
Have just received this from E mail fromEuro star, (perhaps they could teach Easyjet how to do e mail!)

Quote:
Dear Traveller,

As always we keep our promises so here’s your early reminder that €urostar ski train tickets go on sale soon.

The days and months have flown by and it’s time to start thinking ski, snow and salopettes. Tickets for the 2007/08 ski season go on sale on 24 July,
but we’re giving you a week’s head start and you can book your hotly anticipated seat for the slopes from 17 July.

The first service leaves St Pancras International on 22 December 2007,
with trains running all the way up to 13 April 2008.

It will be our first ski service, travelling on High Speed 1, departing from
St Pancras International which will reduce journey times by at least 20 minutes each way. Click here to find out more.

It’s also a green ski season. From 14 November 2007, &#69urostar services will be carbon neutral at no extra cost to you, keeping your CO2 emissions
(and your impact on the planet) as low as possible.

And not forgetting it’s 10 years since our first ski train took skiers to the Alps. So happy birthday to us!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 16-07-07 11:51; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Does it run daily or just Fri/Sat for the one weeker hordes?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob, We have to wait for July 17th to find out Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd like to see some prices as I'll be using trains more this season, I think. I think the changeover in Paris keeps the price down so it will be interesting to see a comparisson.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm thinking about booking an Ashford to Moutiers return. Can anyone remember the approximate times of the day and night trains last season?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob, weekends only again it seems, see here

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 15-07-07 13:23; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have any SCGB members taken advantage of this offer before? Is it worth joining the SCBG for it? As it seems that a potential £60 saving on the eurostar ticket is available and SCGB membership is only £50pa.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hd,

Typically, I have used a 0900-0930 from Ashford to Paris, cross over and got a TGV from Austerlitz at about 1400.

You can get a later afternoon train into Paris to catch an overnighter at around 2230. to arrive in Moutier, Aime or BSM at 0815-ish

I would be looking at a return to Ashford via a Paris changeover and TGV to the alpes for about £140
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is Ashford on High Speed 1 from St Pancras?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
JimW, No.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David@traxvax, i think it is along with ebbsfleet, but not sure if the new st pancras ski service will stop at ebbsfleet. Last year ski service from waterloo stopped at ashford
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimottaret wrote:
David@traxvax, i think it is along with ebbsfleet, but not sure if the new st pancras ski service will stop at ebbsfleet. Last year ski service from waterloo stopped at ashford

The €urostar website says that Ashford station will serve the French Alps (see bottom of that page).

http://stpancras.eurostar.com/en-gb/where-ebbsfleet
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ummm? Any way to post links to €urostar website without the auto-linker kicking in and killing the link?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The first part up to the capital E of Eurostar links to the wanted site.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Testing...
Eurostar Ebbsfleet link

Yes that's how to do it. You replace the capital 'E' of Eurostar with E and that auto replacer can't read it & therefore leaves it alone. In the URL you can use E or the lowercase e , it doesn't matter.

E = E
e = e
ski holidays
i pre registered and just off the phone with eurostar, best price for feb half term was £269, i gave it a miss......
ski holidays
I'm just of the phone after enquiring for first week of April and they will phone me back.....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy