Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ideal for a group in Jan 2008?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
You were all brilliant at helping me with a group hol this year, that I thought I'd seek your advice once more if thats ok?

I have the pleasure of being group organiser (my hand went up by mistake), and so far we've done ok. Sauze in 2005, Andorra 2006, and Soll 2007. However, apart from the Andorra trip in March 2006, we haven't really been blessed with that snowy stuff, which apparantly is quite useful if you're going skiing. So I'm under strict instructions to provide it for next season.. charming.. have emailed the big man upstairs, but as yet do not have a reply whether he can make it happen.

My group, as I've discovered, are fickle. They would like snow, in a resort that's lively, and is cheap. Easy? not so far. Plus they're a range of abilities from super duper look at me, to 'agggggggggggggggh' standard.

Personally, I would like to try France, as I know places like Val Thorens are high, but we've heard horror stories about the price of food and drinks (did i mention they like to eat and drink alot?)

Also there is St Anton in Austria which also looks good but I'm worried that the beginners may struggle as it seems set up for the intermediate/advanced skier.

We did really enjoy Sauze, but there wasn;t enough snow to get to the rest of the Milky Way, but I'm not sure what the snow record is like for January. (we went in March)

You probably get these questions all the time, but i could really do with some ideas on where to go, and whether to look at the deals now or wait until nearer the time. There are 10 people in the group, and we'd be looking at the first week in jan.

Also, if you can recommend any good Chalets then that would also be greatfully received (particularly if the organiser goes free.. cos that's me).

I'll stop typing now. Many thanks in advance.

Thatmanwoody
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try Cervinia or Les Arcs.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thatmanwoody, instead of St Anton, take a look at Ischgl just down the road, Excellent skiing for all levels, high and good snow reliability and fantastic apres ski of the ski boot stomping variety both on and off the mountain.

We found food and beer prices are a bit higher than Soll but not unreasonable. Lift network is also brilliant. The moving walkway from our hotel to the lift station pretty much made it perfect. We stayed at the hotel Jagerhof, which is fine for smaller groups of say 10 or less but probably not geared up for larger groups. That said, some of the guests were drinking beer at breakfast!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys. Will take a look at those. I have Ischgl is good, so will take a peek at the Jagerhof.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bansko!

What a place especially for a group!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have a look at Flaine website - easy transfer from Geneva, excellent north facing slopes, big terrain, lots of apartments. Getting a huge facelift from Intrawest.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Why not bite the bullet and hop across the pond. Banff perhaps ?
Have a look at the prices for Jan - you may be surprised. You should definately have plenty of white stuff.
But it may be really cold. We're going on the 2nd of Jan and packing lots of thermals. However last seasons Jan average was -6 which is great !!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thatmanwoody, We'd be happy to help you in our chalet in Alpe d'Huez. Should fit all of your criteria and is in the centre of town so great if you like to go out of an evening! Chalet will sleep 10 and we have some great early booking offers currently available and always give extra discounts to snowheads with plenty of free stuff for the group leader! Have a look at our website and get in touch if you are interested. Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy