Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chambery

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anybody flown into Chambery airport?
How easy would it be to get to either Plagne or Tignes.
What would a normal taxi/transfer cost??

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chect2000,

Nice little provincial airport when I flew in on a week day. I don't know about local transport but I'd be thinking of the train to Aime for LP or BSM for Les Arcs. You can get a coach up to Tignes from BSM station but I do not know the cost.

We hired a car from Chambery but don't arrive too late after working hours as they seem to close up when they feel like it..IME
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
chect2000, it does tend to close up when the weather gets bad so you could end up being diverted to Lyons, Geneva or Turin. You can get a bus from the airport into Chambery where there are a reasonable number of trains to Bourg St Maurice or Grenoble for the southern Alps. Takes about 2 hrs to get from Chambery to BSM, there are regular buses to La Rosiere, Tignes and Val d'Isere from BSM and of course there's the funicular up to les Arcs. Not sure of the cost but last season a taxi from BSM to La Rosiere (23kms) was 55 Euros, so Val d & tignes would be bit more. Try googling for Autocars Martin for schedules & costs.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We flew to CHambery a couple of seasons back. Small airport, I *think* a couple o fhire car places but only open limited hours. We uses Taxis Aarthur from Bourg St Maurice - worked out at 200 euros each way for four people (including skis) - we went to Arc 1800, so maybe a bit cheaper to La Plagne and a bit more to Tignes. You'll get a very good price if you go via mysnowsports.com

http://mysnowsports.com/transfers
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy